Box & Cedar is an HR Consulting Firm. We believe in the power of people and exploiting it to the maximum because we know that people are the greatest assets of any organisation.
We have distilled our products into what we call the 3S- Sourcing, Sieving and Stimulating.
Builder / Construction Engineerer
The Builder will oversee, coordinate and work on the construction of homes as well as manage the entire project. This may include arranging for subcontractors to complete specific jobs, and making sure that the project meets industry and government regulations as well as the clients’ requirements.
As a Builder, you’ll be responsible for a range of manual, managerial and administrative responsibilities, which may include:
- Interpreting plans or organising for plans to be drawn that meet building code regulations and client specifications.
- Providing quotes or submitting tenders for building works.
- Submitting plans to local authorities for approval.
- Arranging inspections of building work.
- Organising contractors including carpenters, electricians, plumbers and painters to carry out building tasks.
- Undertaking some building work personally.
- Calculating quantities and costs and sourcing of building materials and labour.
- Supervising contractors or employees to ensure safety standards are maintained and works remain on schedule.
- Coordinating administrative tasks such as payment.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- An eye for detail and good design
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent people and time management skills
- The ability to work well both as part of a team and on your own
- Good IT skills and a familiarity with industry-specific software and modelling programmes
- Can stay calm under pressure and still make good decisions
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.