Pathfinder International is a sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) organization dedicated to creating access to and improving the quality of family planning, reproductive health, abortion, and community- and facility-based HIV and AIDS care and services. In partnership with host country governments and nongovernmental organizations, we train facility-based health care providers to improve both the quality and range of their technical and counseling skills.
Locations: Sokoto, Zamfara & Jigawa
Job Type: Full-time
Category: Country Management
About the Project
- Global Fund project will support comprehensive HIV services in areas, namely Anti-Retroval Treatment (ART), Preventive ofMother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) programming, HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT) and Integration of HIV and TB with Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services.
- Pathfinder International, as Sub-Recipient (SR) has signed a grant for the period ending December 2017 with the Principal Recipient (PR), Family Health International (FHI360) funded by the Global Fund.
- Pathfinder will support comprehensive HIV services in areas, namely Anti-Retroviral Treatment (ART), Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) programming, HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT), and Integration of HIV and TB with Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services in Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, Jigawa, Katsina and Gombe States.
- The State Manager/Team Leader reports to the Assistant Director GF-HIV and takes overall responsibility at the State for implementing and evaluating project services with government departments, NGOs and community level counterparts providing supervision and leading the team in the state.
- S/he focuses on developing local projects and initiatives for participation in planning and implementation processes.
- S/he will provide linkages between community and health facilities and ensure that quality HIV/AIDs services are provided.
- S/he will take the technical lead for comprehensive HIV service provision including ART (adult and pediatric) and will be assisted by the Snr. Clinical Services officer.
- Assist in periodic capacity building of health facility staffs and State Ministry of Health on proper inventory management and LMIS data collection.
- Support collection, collation and transmission of adverse drug reaction reports from the health facilities to Pathfinder Country Office and State LMCU.
- Improve the effective management of facility and state level LMIS data to promote commodity availability and ensure commodity security at health facilities.
- Assist in managing the pharmaceutical care aspect of HIV care and treatment program at facilities.
- Tracking, monitoring and inventory analysis of all pharmacy and lab stock employing the use of monitoring tools, spread sheets and data bases.
- Prepare and submit bimonthly LMIS report, stock status report and periodic progress reports from the health facilities supported to implement the HIV care and treatment program.
- Provide support to strengthen state level supply chain coordination mechanism and effective collaboration among other partners.
- Support assessment activities such as MSVs, tracking storage conditions under which commodities are stored, conduct regular commodity inspection.
- Provide support in the PSM TWG meetings at State and Regional levels.
- Conduct MSVs to health facilities to monitor storage and SCM of commodities, documentation of records and reports; provide feedback to health facilities and supervisors and support performance improvement strategies for facilities with commodity management challenges.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Support effective collaboration among other supporting partners within the State.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Director of Project, Manager and State Team Lead.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the HR policy manual.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field - Sociology, Behavioral Science etc. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Registration with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria or a registered professional association
- At least knowledge of and 7-10 years’ experience working on a comprehensive HIV/AIDS project (HIV care and treatment). Previous working experience on a Global Fund project is an advantage
- Must have previous work experience working in a multidisciplinary
- Good advocacy and people skills and experience in community mobilization and service delivery
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to work with various constituencies’ especially relevant government partners and other implementing partners.
- Good oral and /written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate technical materials to both expert and lay audiences.
- Mature, responsible and able to meet deadlines under pressure and work with minimal supervision
- Strong interest in community/health care provider capability building
- Fluency in both written and spoken English in addition to Hausa language required.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'myjobmag_myjobdb.training.featured' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT