Outreach & Development Director at Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT)
Posted on: 7 November, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Ananda Marga Universal Relief Tea
AMURT arrived in Nigeria in 2010. Ebonyi State was selected as the first project area because of its high rates of maternal and infant mortality. AMURT Nigeria has fifteen full time employees, in addition to around 50 health workers covering five rural health centers. AMURT’s focus is to extend primary healthcare and care for mothers and newborns to remote rural areas that previous had no access to health facilities.
Outreach & Development Director
The Outreach & Development Director will engage in fundraising, partnering and all community outreach to support the growth of AMURT Nigeria.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Maintain calendar of grant deadlines and write grant applications as requested.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all institutional and individual donors
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships and partnerships with institutional and individual donors, and with collaborative government and civil society partners
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including conferences, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities.
- Represent AMURT at meetings and other programs that support the mission of AMURT
- Coordinate agency outreach publications, PR events and website.
- Promote interest in and provide information about AMURT programs to community leaders, media, and the public.
- Identify all professional networks, coalitions and associations that AMURT could join to further its mission.
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Five years’ experience in development, coalition building and outreach
- Demonstrated excellence in public speaking and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Proven leadership and success in engagement and mobilization at the individual, community, and organizational levels, strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside AMURT
- Possess analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Have an understanding of and appreciation for the values, culture, philosophy and policies of AMURT.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
- Recent Jobs from Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Chief Operating Officer at Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT)
- Senior Accountant at Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT)
- Know More About Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT)Similar Jobs
- Gender Advisor at Mercy Corps
- Collaboration, Learning And Adapting (CLA) /Knowlege Management Advisor at Mercy Corps
- Humanitarian Child Protection Manager at Save The Children
- Supply & Logistics Associate at UNICEF
- AVR Community Policing Officer at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- AVR Facilitator at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Consultancy Independent Study at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Nutrition and Health Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International