Radiology Assistant at Anadach Consulting
Posted on: 22 October, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Anadach Consulting
Anadach Consulting Limited - Our client, a growing facility in Lagos that places strong emphasis on the delivery of high quality patient-centered care. They provide General Paediatric Services, Medical and Surgical Outpatient Consultations and specialized services for Adults. As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patients’ experience, career opportunities exist in the capacity below:
Reports To: The Radiologist
- The Radiology Assistant manages and assesses patients by performing radiologic procedures within the scope of licensure and under the direction of a radiologist.
- They assist the radiologist as needed and ensure that all required documentation and policy/procedures have been completed and followed.
- Preps patients for procedures by taking patient’s medical history and explaining the expected nature of examinations and also answering general questions.
- Performs set up and stocking of procedure rooms, which may include, but not limited to scheduling, registration, documentation, release of information and customer services.
- Performs radiologic procedures by taking medical images or examinations.
- Monitors services by evaluating the images seen on diagnostic images. He/She must follow detailed instruction from patient’s doctor as well as directions given by the supervising radiologist.
- Ensures that medical images are complete and made in the highest quality so as to meet the needs of the doctor in charge of patient’s care.
- Enhance patient care by assisting the radiologist with patient assessment, patient management and radiological procedure.
- Makes initial observation of diagnostic images and ensures that documentation is completed to meet the needs of the physician.
- Implements proper safety protocols and requirements to avoid contaminating the results or causing physical harm to patients or to themselves.
- Ensure that the health of patients (or theirs) is not affected by radiation.
- Responsible for calibrating and maintaining equipment before and after usage.
- Performs pain assessment and takes appropriate action according to standard operating procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the need of the organization in delivering quality care to patients.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a B.Sc in Radiology
- Preferably a candidate currently undergoing the NYSC program. (The job role being a part-time engagement).
- Must have experience using computerized medical equipment.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of medical technology with a background in basic sciences.
- Anatomy and physiology skills
- Radiation safety skills
- Knowledge of medical and legal standards
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills and diagnostic imaging skills are essential.
- Knowledge of general patient care and patient assessment.
- Personable and efficient
- Attention to details and observance of instructions.
- Must be responsible and accountable.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential manner.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com clearly indicating your "Name and Position" as subject of your mail.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
- Know More About Anadach ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Hygiene Promotion Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Nutrition Project Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Documentation & Process Improvement Officer at Fidson Healthcare Plc
- In-Process Quality Assurance Officer at Fidson Healthcare Plc
- Chemical Analyst at Fidson Healthcare Plc
- Medical Doctor at Africa’s Young Entrepreneurs (A.Y.E)
- Data.FI Nigeria Epidemiologist at Palladium Group
- National Consultant - Assess the Task Shifting/Sharing Implementation in Bauchi and Cross River State at World Health Organization (WHO)