Knowledge Management and Learning, M&E and Communications Manager at CARE
Posted on: 20 September, 2019
Deadline: 20 October, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at CARE
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
Knowledge Management and Learning, M&E and Communications Manager
Expected Travel: up to 40%
Language Requirement: English
- CARE Nigeria is a young CARE office with a growing humanitarian program in the conflict affected Northeast area of the country (in particular, Borno and Yobe States). With gender as a core focus the team is developing a strong portfolio of gender justice programs focused on Food and Nutrition Security and Livelihoods (FNSL), Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) and Gender-based violence prevention and response.
- At this growth stage, we are seeking an experienced Knowledge Management and Learning M&E Communication Manager to provide strong support in areas of knowledge management, learning and impact measurement to ensure that staff are trained and knowledgeable in CARE’s frameworks and approaches (CI standards), and that these are all integrated with documented impact.
- This position will enhance program quality and impact by ensuring that CARE’s program in Nigeria is addressing the underlying causes of poverty and vulnerability. S/he will also be responsible for building the capacity of Country Office and partner staff to design and implement relief and development programs according to industry best practices; and for overseeing the mainstreaming of cross-cutting initiatives women’s empowerment and partnership.
- Under the oversight of the person in this role, CARE’s programs will be monitored and evaluated; and lessons learned will be applied to project revisions, and new project designs to improve CARE’s program quality. This includes dissemination both internally and externally. S/he will also need to have a good understanding of programmatic issues in both development and humanitarian contexts, across several sectors.
- Lead and cultivate a climate of reflection, learning and curiosity
- Adapt and apply CARE’s Program Quality (PQ) Standards related to learning, KML to CO context
- Provides leadership, training and coaching in learning and knowledge management for program tea
- Support teams in developing quality proposals in pursuit of funding opportunities
- Ensure synergy, reflection support and learning across departments, teams, offices and projects
- Ensure external relations, internal liaison and communications
- Bachelor' degree along with relevant work experience in agriculture, food nutrition security, climate change, development, international relations, learning and knowledge management required. Master's degree preferred
- Training or qualification in knowledge management & learning for influencing, research methodology/research-into-use, and/or monitoring and evaluation systems
- Research project design training
- Certification: HEAT certified is a requirement
- At least ten years of work experience in knowledge management, impact measurement and learning, preferably in food nutrition security and Livelihood and
- Knowledge of food nutrition security
- Knowledge and understanding of gender in development issues
- Proven capacity in designing and delivering effective knowledge management and learning strategies and/or monitoring and evaluation systems
- Proven capacity to communicate research and learning in compelling ways, for different audiences
- Demonstrable record of research and/or knowledge product development (designing, authoring (or co-authoring), analyzing and/or partnering with others on same) competencies
- Demonstrated experience in impact measurement, knowledge management and learning including using on-the-ground evidence for advocacy, communications.
- Outstanding analytical skills, ability to think strategically, with a keen eye for accuracy and detail
- Demonstrable writing and oral communication skills (publication in the public domain essential)
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan and organize work effectively, to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Demonstrable evidence of commitment to addressing gender in development issues
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability develop effective working relationships in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, but also to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues who are based in various countries
- Strong English writing and presentation skills
- Adaptability and the commitment to work within a small, flexible team
Method of Application
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
- We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran.
Interested and qualified? Go to CARE career website on chp.tbe.taleo.net to apply
- Know More About CARESimilar Jobs
- Strategy, Programme Effectiveness and Learning Intern at WaterAid
- Digital Marketing Executive (NYSC) at Imagine Early Years & Elementary
- Information Officer CONHESS 7 at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital
- International Consultant - National Nutrition and Health Survey (NNHS) 2019-2020 Survey Coordinator at UNICEF
- Security Operations Centre Operator (Kaduna, Bauchi, Enugu, Kano, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Sokoto, Yola with possibility of building a roster) at UNDP
- Content Editor at Consat TV
- Consultant - Research and Analysis of the Education Financing, Investment and Budgeting in Borno State at Save The Children
- Baseline Evaluation Consultant at Save The Children