Protection Assistant at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Posted on: 12 September, 2019
Deadline: 30 September, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
Location: Pulka, Borno
Contract type: National contract
- The Protection Assistant will also be responsible for supporting needs and programmatic assessments, supporting the preparation of activity and protection reports and analysis (information collection, community consultations etc.), identifying and communicating protection concerns in his/her locations, identifying and communicating programmatic needs in targeted locations, supporting the Officers in providing capacity building to key stakeholders, and in collecting and managing project data ensuring the highest standards of data and information protection and confidentiality.
- Ensure the organization and the implementation of all protection activities at field level in accordance with the agreed work plan (under the supervision of the Protection Officers and Manager) and the international standards
- Ensure the management of the field protection incentive workers (team and work management)
- Prepare necessary activity and protection reports (weekly, monthly, ad hoc)
- Participate in conducting needs and programmatic assessments in targeted locations
- Track, document and follow up on Complains and feedback during food distribution.
- Work closely with the Food Security Team to ensure Gender and Protection is mainstreamed in all activities.
- Any other tasks required by the Protection Roving Officer or Protection Manager, according to programmatic needs.
- 2 years Work experience in a humanitarian organization / with displacement affected populations or experience as a DRC protection field worker
- Good knowledge of protection norms, principles, and activities
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing)
- Professional fluency in English and Hausa
- Ability and willingness to maintain regular presence at project sites (remote / field sites) and to work during irregular working hours and in insecure environments
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills - self-motivated individuals, able to take initiative and propose solutions, resilient, positive, and able to work independently
- Flexibility and high level of pro activity.
- Knowledge of the protection monitoring data collection methods
- Knowledge / previous experience with Psychosocial support services activities and standards
- Previous experience with DRC as a volunteers or staff will be considered as an advantage.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV (no longer than four pages) and cover letter in English through the online application.
- Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact our job support at drc.ngo/jobsupport.
- For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
- Recent Jobs from Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Supply Chain Coordinator/ Procurement at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Know More About Danish Refugee Council (DRC)Similar Jobs
- M&E Consultant at Discovery Cycle Professionals
- Education Specialist at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
- Programme Development Coordinator at International Organization for Migration - IOM
- Knowledge Management and Learning, M&E and Communications Manager at CARE
- Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at SOS Children Villages
- Policy & Advocacy Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Youth Development Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Protection Associate at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)