Senior Program Officer at Solidarity Center
Posted on: 12 September, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Solidarity Center
The American Center for International Labor Solidarity, a non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting and protecting worker rights is looking to hire suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Senior Program Officer
- If you would like to make a difference in the lives of working people in West Africa, please consider joining our team. This is a full-time position based in Abuja that requires extensive travel mostly within Nigeria.
Summary of Position
- The Senior Program Officer will report directly to the Country Program Director in developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating various programs; leading a variety of trainings and initiatives; and providing daily technical assistance to union and community partners.
- The Senior Program Officer writes persuasive proposals and develops budgets for capacity building activities.
- S/he participates in the development and implementation of education, training and other programs as part of the Solidarity Center program team.
- S/he has the writing skills necessary to produce well-written program reports and evaluations.
- S/he monitors programs to meet budget targets and programmatic results.
- The Senior Program Officer must have ability to work and interact easily with wide variety of people, and help lead effective teamwork.
- She/he must have broad knowledge of labour, socio-economic, and political developments in West Africa, the U.S. and across the globe.
- Previous trade union experience is highly desirable.
- S/he must be able to work independently and complete assignments with limited supervision.
- S/he must be capable of managing multiple assignments simultaneously.
- S/he must have, at a minimum, a Master's degree in Political Science, International Relations, Labor Relations or related fields and/or seven years equivalent work experience. Strong verbal and writing skills are a must.
- Computer literacy for word processing and simple spreadsheets is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV, and a writing sample (3-5 pages) to: email@example.com clearly indicating the "Job Title" as subject of your mail.
- Know More About Solidarity CenterSimilar Jobs
- M&E Consultant at Discovery Cycle Professionals
- Education Specialist at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
- Programme Development Coordinator at International Organization for Migration - IOM
- Knowledge Management and Learning, M&E and Communications Manager at CARE
- Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at SOS Children Villages
- Policy & Advocacy Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Youth Development Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Protection Associate at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)