Architect at Alfred & Victoria Associates
Posted on: 10 September, 2019
Deadline: 24 September, 2019
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Alfred & Victoria Associates
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Summary & Purpose
- Preparing functional and safe building designs according to specifications that match Client’s needs.
- Reports to: Senior Architect
- Direct Reports: Trainees/ IT
- Internal Relationships: All staff
- External Relationships: clients
- Preparing Architectural designs according to Client’s brief.
- Producing detailed working drawings and specifications
- Producing 3D drawings and other pictorial presentations for clarity.
- Liaising with other allied professionals to produce functional, safe and standard designs that will stand the test of time
- Specifying the nature and quality of materials required for a project
- Preparing Bill of Quantities for building projects
- Regular Site visits to check progress of construction
- Preparing Site reports during construction
- Adhering to all industry standards in design
- Perform discipline-internal check (DIC),
- Participate in internal and external meetings
- Supervise and coach trainees
- Ensure strict adherence to QHSE policies and procedures and comply with safe work methods as required
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by Supervisor/line Manager
- Academic Qualification: B. Tech. B.Arch
- Professional Qualification: NIA
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years in similar role.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Proficient in Engineering System and Knowledge
- Concern for order, quality and accuracy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and Adobe editing system
- Highly motivated and have ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Team player with excellent personnel management skills.
- Strong communications skills to work across departments.
- Excellent use of Engineering Software’s (i.e AutoCAD, Caesar 11, 3D PDMS , PDMS Admin. etc)
- Conversant with National and International Codes, Standards and Engineering Practices used in the industry – API, ASME & ISA, ANSI , AGA , IEC, API, PIP etc..
- Good analytical skills.
- Essential high level of English language written and spoken.
Physical Exertion on the Job:
- Performance Area: Design Deliverables
- Accuracy of design deliverables: Reports, Specifications, Lists and Drawings in accordance to engineering standards.
- Frequency of revision cycles before final approval
- Perform Self Checks and Verification on design deliverables.
- Accurate/updated record in Project Folder.
- Updated drawing Templates for Projects.
- Turnaround Time (TAT) on delivery of Assigned tasks
- Strict adherence and compliance to QHSE policies and safe work rules.
Key Performance Metrics:
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- Customer Service
Method of Application
Candidates should send their tailored CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the closing date above will be automatically rejected.
- Recent Jobs from Alfred & Victoria Associates
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Senior Pipeline and Corrosion Engineer at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Instrumentation and Control Engineer at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Civil Structural Detailer at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Process Engineer at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Know More About Alfred & Victoria AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Quantity Surveyor at Efficacy Construction Company
- Junior Quantity Surveyor at Aureole Consulting Limited
- ProgrAnalyst-Certified Suveyor at UNDP
- Construction Specialist, NOC at UNICEF
- Project Control Manager Senior F/H at VINCI Construction
- Civil & Site Engineering at Next Gear Resources
- Architect at Willers Solutions
- Site Supervisor at Sellafield Energy