Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack's mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
About the Graphic Designer Role
- As a Graphic Designer at Paystack, you'll be working on the Design team creating visual assets and devices to maintain and develop the company's brand
- You'll create high quality visual work, expressing our identity in diverse ways while staying consistent with the brand. You'll work directly with the Growth team, a really creative bunch of teammates who do things like write about putting up a billboard
- We're looking for someone who understands simple design principles and can come up with clever and effective visual solutions. You enjoy applying a single identity in diverse ways and can evolve the Paystack brand with fresh ideas.
- You're also a team player - able to properly estimate your time and proactively communicate the work you're doing. You value transparency and welcome constructive feedback.
About the Team
- The Paystack Design team is small (8 people) but very involved in everything at the company. We contribute to the success of the company with good design. Our goal is to maintain a delightful product, high quality brand and pleasant work environment.
- We're a very energetic team with young designers. Everyone's level-headed and always eager to do better. We also take learning seriously: the company offers a paid Udemy subscription and the team holds regular knowledge sharing sessions. Sometimes we also bond over fun activities like brand experimentation (pictured above) or educational tours.
- You'll work with a manager who has your back and genuinely cares about your personal development as a designer. You'll also work with kind teammates, brilliant designers who are always eager to help. We work very hard and take rest very seriously
- Finally, we're a fully remote team, so you can design for Paystack from wherever works best for you.
What you'll be Doing
- Designing graphic assets for marketing e.g. announcement graphics, installations (you can find many examples on our blog)
- Creating illustrations and iconography for the product
- Designing brand materials (Paystack swag)
- Inventing new ways to evolve the Paystack brand.
What does it take to succeed in this role?
- In-depth knowledge of typography, iconography, colour, space and texture
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- A well-rounded portfolio that demonstrates your ability to deliver high quality visual design
- Ability to build on other people's ideas to come up with new ones
- Minimum of 2 years professional or freelance experience in designing brand identities, editorial layouts and general graphic design
- Ability to learn new tools quickly
- (Optional) Experience creating different visual assets for a single brand
- (Optional) Proficiency in Adobe After Effects.
- Competitive salary
- Housing assistance
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth.
Method of Application
- Fill out the application form below and submit to apply
- We don't require a resume or cover letter, but if you send us either, we'll review.
- What happens after you submit? Before September 20, we'll send you an email with an update on your application.
Interested and qualified? Go to Paystack career website on boards.greenhouse.io to apply