Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
- Chemonics seeks multiple technical specialists for the anticipated multi-year, DFID-funded education programme Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE)
- PLANE aims to improve learning for an estimated 1.5 million children in Kano, Kaduna, and Jigawa states in northern Nigeria and support state and nonstate systems benefitting 8 million children nationally
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Support the PLANE team and work closely with the government of Nigeria, the Ministry of Education, state and local government representatives, and other key stakeholders to achieve programme objectives in:
- Pre-primary and early grade curriculum development (Hausa, English, and numeracy)
- Learning assessments, including EGRA, EGMA, MELQO, and SEND
- Material procurement, distribution, and use
- Teacher professional development (pre-service and in-service)
- Teacher recruitment, retention, and performance management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Social Science, International Development, or a related discipline required. Advanced Degree in Education or a relevant discipline preferred
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience in one or more of the areas listed above
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and develop partnerships with governments and local organizations
- Experience working with DFID or other donor-funded education projects
- Experience working in a politically complex and sensitive environment
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Chemonics International career website on chemonics.com to apply