Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is an international development organization with a vision for a "world without poverty" and a mission to "bring people together to fight poverty". VSO works with marginalized poor, socially disadvantaged populations and vulnerable communities to improve their livelihoods, education, health profiles, recovery, rehabilitation and disaster relief through recruitment and placement of self-motivated professionals to work as volunteers and project staff. VSO Staff and Volunteers live and work alongside local populations to foster sustainable development.
VSO has been in Nigeria since 1960 working with relevant stakeholders and gate keepers to empower poor rural women, youths and people with disabilities with the view to enhance their capabilities, social and economic development.
Expression of Interest to Provide Background Verification Service
The Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) Nigeria receives and engages the services of many individuals and firms as volunteers, employees and consultants to help achieve its vision. In order to ensure that we engage the right persons or firms, we are required to conduct a comprehensive appraisal of a persons and corporate entities with the aim to establish the risk potentials and their reliability of their competence and resourcefulness.
Key services Requirement include:
Employee background checks: Large format background, as shall be required by VSO Nigeria on current or prospective employees, volunteers and service providers: across multiple sectors/industries. These include some or all of the following:
- Education verification: To provide authentication of academic details like qualifications and relevant degrees/diplomas and certificates furnished by candidates, directly from their educational facilities
- Employment verification: Provide checks to corroborate information on the candidate’s previous employment such as, tenure of employment, last position/designation held and reason for leaving.
- Reference verification: Contact personal and professional references to ascertain the candidate’s credentials, skills, strengths and weakness as articulated in application or during the recruitment process.
- Criminal record verification: Conduct a thorough check for any history of crime through police stations and court of law for both criminal and civil litigation.
- Anti Terrorrist ceck: Conduct a thourough check on individual or corporate entities for any history of direct or indirect association with any terrorrist group or persons.
- Address verification: Verify the authenticity of the current and permanent addresses of the candidate, volunteer, employee or service provider.
- Social Media and Internet Records: Conduct a crucial check and report on the social media and internet records available.
- Database verification: Conduct verification of candidate profile with the National Identity Management Commission or Immigration; verify if the candidate, volunteer, employee or service provider has been reported on any of the global regulatory, compliance and sanctions list covering sources like OFAC-SDN, FBI, Interpol, EU, UN Sanctions.
THE BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REPORT
The report from each verification assignment should include detailed report on the key services articulated in the pre-engagement (award) letter. Hitherto, each report should include at least the following:
- The special purpose of the report and its intended use.
- The investigation standards that were applied in conducting the verification
- A listing of the specific findings which will be catalogued with evidence to substantiate the findings by the outsourced service provider
- The Background Verification Service Provider will provide inference from the finding and if there are criminal elements.
BASIC SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- A detailed proposal
- Proof of existence CAC documents
- Evidence of accreditation to conduct background screening.
- Historic evidence of experience in providing background verification services outlined under the Scope - “Key Service Requirements”
- Service Charge for each service requirement listed under the “Scope”
- Evidence of providing Background Verification Services for NGOs will be an added advantage ( Provide name and contact of NGO)
- Methodology and approach for conducting background verification
- Reference to tailored considerations (such as value-added-service option, discount options) made to VSO will be useful.
DURATION OF CONTRACT
The successful firm shall be engaged to provide background verification service for 6 months.
Method of Application
Please address your quotation to “Procurement Committee” and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Background Verification Service” on or before 15th September 2019 (4.00p.m) Abuja time
VSO reserves the right to accept or reject any or all tenders without assigning any reason, whatsoever.