AIM Group Limited is an integrated Multi-Disciplinary Company established on November 20, 1979.The principals of the AIM Group have a history in Nigeria that dates back to 1886 when the Grandfather of the Group’s chairperson resided in Lagos in 1886. The Group operates from its owned office and residential properties, with ultra-modern office facilities at its Headquarters in Victoria Island Annex, Lagos, with Regional and Staff Accommodation facilities in Abuja, Port Harcourt and Kano. AIM Group has satellite offices in various States in the Country. The current workforce of AIM Group is over 1100 colleagues
Electrical / Mechanical Engineers
Job summary: We are a construction company and we are in need of Electrical Engineers who will assist the Electrical Engineering Department in the design, supervision and other Engineering projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design of electromechanical equipment including Electrical equipment, generating plants, ducting, Electrical Panels for building and other engineering projects.
- Carry out equipment and plant selection of electromechanical equipment for building services and other engineering projects.
- Prepare detailed drawings and specification
- Carry out design and load collation as directed by the Senior Electrical Engineers.
- Autocad drafting of electrical design.
- Review workshop drawing for constructions
- Supervision of construction and installation work for Electrical equipment, generating plants, Electrical Panels and Pipeline engineering.
- Liase with other disciplines (Project managers, Architects and other Engineers to coordinate design of Engineering Projects).
- Prepare and submit project report and progress reports as appropriate
- participate in risk analysis and management workshop.
- Interested candidates must have a minimum Bsc in Electrical Engineering, Masters will be an added advantage with at least 7-10 years experience in Design/Supervision of projects, Must be registered with relevant professional bodies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordination, Design and Drafting of building mechanical services from conceptual to completion stage.
- Preparation of tender documents including; detailed drawings, specification and Bill Of Quantities
- Participate in tender technical analysis and negotiations.
- Review and approve workshop drawings for construction.
- Supervision of construction and installation works of building mechanical services
- Liaise with Project Managers, Architects, and other engineers to coordinate design of engineering projects
- Prepare and submit project and progress reports as appropriate
- Prepare test procedure plan, supervision test on electromechanical equipment and certify test results.
- Supervise equipment commissioning programme and sign-off.
Background and requirements
Education: B.SC / M.SC / PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
- B. Eng Mechanical Engineering
- Vantage PDMS 11.6 Equipment & piping Design
- Professional Certification: COREN (Registered member)
- Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) - Corporate member
- Nigerian Institute of Mechanical Engineers (NiMechE) – member
- Vantage PDMS 11.6 Equipment & Piping Design – Certified
- Minimum 7-10 years work experience in similar position.
- Appropriate selection of equipments to include HVAC Load calculations Duct & pipe sizing.
- Tender documents preparation to include Detailed drawings & BOQ’s
- Preparation, Design & supervision of operational maintenance manual for Electromechanical equipment
- Autocard and or Revit conversant
- Experienced in plumbing design
- Review of workshop drawings for construction
- In-depth knowledge of codes and standard for designing building mechanical services
Skills and Abilities (IT Tools)
- Highly proficient in the use of the following:
- Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, MS Project, & Outlook )
- AutoCAD , AutoCAD MEP, PDMS
- Design Software ( Primavera Project Planner )
- Good command of Language English Language ( Oral & Written )
Method of Application
Applicants should send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org