It’s safe to say that distribution is in our DNA. Our relationships with services like iTunes, MTN Music Plus and YouTube date back to their launch in Nigeria, and our growing library of award-winning music and content makes us your perfect end-to-end global distribution partner. As part of our offering, we’ll get your music and content to digital retailers, and physical stores worldwide, then lend our sales & marketing expertise to get the best exposure for your releases. All included in the mix: in-house encoding, efficient delivery and dedicated client support.
In addition, we’re always on the lookout for compelling music acquisitions to add to our library. From AfroPop, Hip-Hop and R&B, Gospel to fuji, we have specialized support no matter what the genre
Main purpose of job
We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. Reporting directly to the IT Team Lead, the Data Scientist will be working with our in-house Tech team to develop our ability as a company to identify trends in data sets as well as developing algorithms to help make raw data more useful. Your immediate objective will be to support the development of our in house suite of services in order to manage the huge amount of data being reported in today's music business. We require a resource that is able to simplify the internal process from ingestion of sales data, through to royalty calculations, providing clear and readable Statements, Reports and Analytics.
Main responsibilities including but not limited to
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Good understanding of machine learning algorithms, tools and platforms.
- Understanding of programming fundamentals.
- Python proficiency.
- Self-starter and intellectual curiosity.
- Great communication skills, ability to explain predictive analytics to non-technical audience.
- Proficiency in data exploration techniques and tools.
- Experience with building and deploying enterprise applications.
- Have a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- Experience working alongside multiple departments for feedback, suggestions and upgrades.
- 2+ years of professional work experience as Data Scientist on analytics or NLP.
- Experience in at least one of these Toolkits: numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, tensorflow, pytorch, keras, genism, vowpal wabbit, etc.
- Experience with data visualisation tools
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
- Active in the Nigeria technology ecosystem, have good, well established and relevant industry relationships.
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written).
- Highly organised with ability to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must have a passion for media, music and entertainment and how technology can be leveraged to add value to these industries
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below