INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
CCCM Project Manager (NHF)
Location: Maiduguri with frequent field missions in the field, Borno
Contract duration: 3 months
Reporting to: Head of Base
Supervision of: 15 National Staff
General context of the project
- The project has been designed to meet the affected population’s most urgent needs in a sustainable way that empowers local communities and service providers by working through existing structures where available, adhering to Nigerian guidelines and protocols, and empowering community stakeholders and other project’s beneficiaries in direct service delivery.
- Focusing on the particular needs of women and children, elderly and disabled people, INTERSOS has target communities where service providers are currently unavailable or unable to cope with the overwhelming needs of returnees, IDPs and host community. In the project focus area, INTERSOS scale up its intervention with the provision of basic reception and hosting services to the new arrivals.
- INTERSOS strives to fulfil the basic humanitarian needs of the most vulnerable communities through the provision of adequate temporary housing solutions and reception center facilities. With the assistance of other services providers, the project has enhanced the different referral pathways and the referral mechanism.
General purpose of the position
- Under the overall supervision of the Head of Base, the PM will be responsible for the whole management of the project (implementation, financial management and project reporting).
Main responsibilities and Tasks
- Start-up, monitor and evaluate activity plan and implementation of the project activities;
- Production of monthly internal specific report and elaboration of mid-term and final report according with Donor rules and regulation;
- Contribute to the start-up and implementation of specific data collection and M&E tools related to the Protection/CCCM/NFI activities;
- Represent INTERSOS into cluster meetings (if needed)
- Supervise the implementation of project activities in a timely manner
- Manage all financial resources allocated to the project, including budget holding responsibility, production of financial plans and cash forecasts and verification of budget vs. actual on a weekly and monthly basis
- Manage all logistical procedures for the project in coordination with the Logistic Coordinator – ensuring INTERSOS and donor requirements are met and proper documentation is collected and maintained for all procurement
- Ensure data is collected regularly to respond to agreed indicators
- Carry out rapid assessments to investigate further programming opportunities inside Borno State;
- The PM will be in charge also to support the HoM and HoB in management specific activities such as:
- New project proposal along with Technical Coordinator
- Rapid assessment related to INTERSOS strategy in the country.
- Build capacity of INTERSOS to meet minimum standards for Protection, CCCM and NFI programmes in Emergency, including training and mentoring of the staffs with the technical support of the senior management
- Technical support for Protection/CCCM/NFI activities throughout the programme providing insights to national and international staff on the standards including tools and methodologies.
- Work with the mission Protection, CCCM and shelter team to strengthen these sectors in INTERSOS Nigeria Mission.
- Ensure 5W matrices are submitted to the State Clusters as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Represent in close coordination with the HoB and the Protection, CCCM and shelter/NFI departments the program with national authorities, non-state actors, UN agencies, NGOs, donors, etc. in Borno State and in Abuja;
- Recruit and train national staff as required to achieve the project objectives;
- Work with the HR and administration department to ensure all administrative procedures are followed for Staff in the field – updated personal details on file, accurate ToRs for each staff member, payrolls etc.
- University Degree in International Cooperation and/or other relevant sector related to the project component
- At least 3 years of experience as project manager, multi-sector approach experience preferred
- Technical background in protection and Camp Management - related project
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Demonstrate experience with different donors compliance and reporting
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
- Strategic vision
- Results and quality orientation
- Behavioural flexibility
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English
- Willingness to accept basic living standards, curfew and frequent field missions;
- Experience in working and living in multi-ethnic and multicultural context;
- Stress - management.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.