Group Supply Chain Manager at Alan & Grant
Posted on: 21 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Alan & Grant
Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process.
Group Supply Chain Manager
- The Group Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the group supply chain strategy in order to maximize efficiency and productivity .
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the entire process: planning of procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control, logistics and distribution, ensuring effective functioning of the processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities.
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams to identify vulnerabilities and close operational gaps.
- Suggest solutions for process improvements.
- Work with Finance, Sales, and Innovation teams to identify best suppliers.
- Handle communications and negotiations with suppliers.
- Assist logistics process, inventory management, shipment and delivery, and returns on products.
- Keep detailed records, generate monthly reports, and develop presentations to help management understand the logistics perspective.
- Read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements.
- Understanding of principles of accounting and finance.
- Negotiate contracts and rates with shipping lines and freight forwarders.
- Manage planning and delivery timetables.
- Ensure efficient inventory management in all warehouses (MSL).
- Work closely with the Innovation team on ongoing and new process innovation initiatives.
- Recruit, train and evaluate team.
- At least 10 years’ experience in similar position
- BA in Supply Chain Management or relevant experience
- Ability to work and liaise with multi-cultural teams located in different geographical areas
- Experience negotiating with OEMs
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good reporting Skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Hands on experience on SAP and Microsoft office
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Alan & Grant
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Programmes Executive at Alan & Grant
- Accountant at Alan & Grant
- Direct Sales Representative at Alan & Grant
- Sales & Marketing Administrator at Alan & Grant
- Social Media Manager at Alan & Grant
- Team Lead, Direct Sales at Alan & Grant
- Finance Intern at Alan & Grant
- Kitchen Assistant at Alan & Grant
- Manager, Hospitality Services at Alan & Grant
- Human Resources Manager at Alan & Grant
- Chef/Kitchen Manager at Alan & Grant
- Care Assistant at Alan & Grant
- Personal Assistant to COO/GM at Alan & Grant
- Chief Financial Officer at Alan & Grant
- Workshop Manager at Alan & Grant
- Hospital Porter at Alan & Grant
- Know More About Alan & GrantSimilar Jobs
- Stock Keeper at Owens and Xley
- Procurement Officer at Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited
- Outbound Officer (Warehouse) at Konga Online Shopping Limited
- Inventory Management Supervisor at Konga Online Shopping Limited
- Event Warehouse Assistant Manager at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Store Keeper at Blue Lodge Catering Limited
- Purchasing Manager at Blue Lodge Catering Limited
- Distribution Manager at Blue Lodge Catering Limited