Site Engineer at Bradfield Consulting
Posted on: 16 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Bradfield Consulting
Bradfield is equipped not only to attract excellent personnel but to ensure that they are improved and empowered to deliver on every client’s strategic intent/organizational goal. Our value is to assist in getting rid of all inconvenience associated with recruitment; plus reducing unsuitable employees either via skill or culture. And more… all this would be done within concise turn-around time. Beyond this, we package and deliver quality trainings to help prune your employees to deliver efficiently.
- Managing parts of construction projects.
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Setting out, levelling, surveying the site and organising facilities.
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Supervising contracted staff.
- Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales.
- Liaising and communicating with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager; regularly providing progress report.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives.
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork.
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and negotiating the price of materials, making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project.
- Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to.
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
- Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
- Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, structural, geotechnical, construction, mechanical, electrical or building Engineering/technology.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction and site engineering.
- Must be COREN certified.
Skills and Competence:
- Commercial awareness – an understanding of how your actions can affect profitability of a project.
- Communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals, e.g. Construction managers, quantity surveyors, subcontractors, architects, designers, other engineers;
- Technical and excellent IT skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills.
- Organisation skills and a methodical approach to work.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong team working skills.
- Knowledge of relevant building and health and safety legislation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Bradfield Consulting career website on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply
- Know More About Bradfield ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Cost Estimator/Planning Executive at Superflux International Limited
- Assemble Production (APD) Supervisor at Transsion Holdings
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Electrical/ Instrumentation at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Construction/Fab Yard at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Equipment Supervisor at Transsion Holdings
- Principal Material Control (PMC) Senior Specialist at Transsion Holdings
- Quality Control (QC) Supervisor at Transsion Holdings