Senior Software Engineer at Kimberly Ryan
Posted on: 13 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Law / Legal
View All Jobs at Kimberly Ryan
Kimberly Ryan Limited - Our client, a key player in the Legal space urgently seek to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Senior Software Engineer
- To develop high quality reusable software component, for business to business integration, using international best practices and new best-in-class technologies, concepts and philosophy.
- You will assist the Head of developer to manage software programs and applications that drive SW Global’s, strategy, product owners and third-party business.
- Hands-on both front-end and back-end development to be able to divide up logic across the full system, implement the plan, and build the whole thing.
- Lead a team of software engineers on building software products
- Work with the project team to understand product requirements, Design the product architecture, interfaces and plan customer integration
- Develop internet and distributed software solutions, directs technical aspects of operations related to client accounts or high severity issues
- Ensures robust and sustainable enterprise social collaboration architecture for software development by monitoring matrices of the SOA, and fixing complaints/bugs logged by customers
- Participate in solution workshops, write technical documentations and engage in continuous delivery and DevOps
- Participates in the evolution of company level software best practices, standards, and policies
- Works closely with other developers and BA team to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Collaborates with product owners, technical architects and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and mobile-based applications and periodically develops enhancements for existing systems
- Liaises with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems
- Manages and/or provides guidance to junior software developers and research assistants
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related fields with 5-7years of experience in Software Development or an equivalent of education and experience
- Strong understanding of distributed computing, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS is required.
- Passionate for software engineering. The job involves significant investment in research and development.
- An open mindset i.e. a desire to learn and to impact your colleagues and the rest of the world.
- Good understand of developing and running micro-services is a plus.
- Experience in enterprise software development. â€‹ Certified by at least one of the industry standard certifications. â€‹
- Experience with functional programming languages is an added advantage. We will consider a candidate who can demonstrate a good understanding of other object-oriented languages.
- Experience with web frameworks including PHP Yii/Symfony is an added advantage.
- A very good understanding of one or more relational database management system (MySQL, PotgreSQL, MSSQL Server, Oracle) and/or NoSQL database system.
- Knowledge of and skills to work effectively within an Agile Software development environment (Scrum).
- Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and/or other automated testing skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Skills & Proficiencies:
- A good knowledge of developing enterprise solutions on the JVM is preferred.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of source control tools i.e. git, mercurial, svn.
- Candidate must know how to write unit tests
- A good understanding of build tools and continuous integration is an added advantage
- Candidates should have a good understanding of private cloud infrastructures, preferably Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Microsoft Azure
- An understanding of cloud technologies including container technologies is an added advantage
- A working knowledge of Linux
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the role as subject title.
- Recent Jobs from Kimberly Ryan
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Senior Associate at Kimberly Ryan
- Human Resources & Administrative Manager at Kimberly Ryan
- Database Administrator at Kimberly Ryan
- Senior Business Analyst at Kimberly Ryan
- Lead, Business Analyst at Kimberly Ryan
- Project Manager at Kimberly Ryan
- Lead Project Operations at Kimberly Ryan
- Know More About Kimberly RyanSimilar Jobs
- Specialist, SOX & ITGC at IHS Towers
- Chief Technology Officer at Babban Gona
- Manager, PS Core Planning at Airtel
- Senior Product Manager at Paystack
- Program Manager – Strategy & Transformation (IT Solutions / Banking Systems / Automation) at CA Global
- Program Manager – Enterprise Risk Management (ERP / Banking / Oracle / SAP) at CA Global
- Graphics Design Executive at Novateur Integrated Solutions Limited
- Network / Infrastructure Manager at Oasis Management Company Limited