Technical Writer at Global Accelerex
Posted on: 29 July, 2019
Deadline: 12 August, 2019
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Global Accelerex
Global Accelerex Limited is a leading provider of payment and business management solutions incorporated and based in Nigeria. Our business solutions help organizations across economic sectors, to effectively and efficiently manage distribution, marketing, sales, and positioning of their products and services.
- We are looking for a Technical Writer responsible for producing the technical documentation for an array of the organization’s products.
- You will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of products and ensure that they have the requisite documentation.
- You will have to be committed to translating technical terms into texts for varying audiences.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist product managers as well as the development team in making products easy to use by designing, developing and maintaining supporting documentation for products and systems (e.g. User Guides, FAQs, Help) in a variety of format (web, wiki, print, PowerPoint, video etc.)
- Determine technical documentation requirements and preferences of all categories of users
- Understand and translate complex information for users of varying backgrounds, experiences using specifications, mock-ups, photos, diagrams, and charts to increase user understanding
- Periodically review all documentation for accuracy and usefulness; make corrections as needed/recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content etc.
- Conduct usability studies on products and systems and provide feedback to developers/designers
- Manage the review and approval process for all technical documentation.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or a related course
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on technical writing experience
- Solid interest and understanding of application development or programming concepts such as APIs, database components, server connections, etc.
- Ability to study and understand complex products or software
- Experience in wiki development with Intermediate-to-advanced skills in MS-Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio is required.
- Fluency in one or more of Framemaker, InDesign, CorelDraw, PhotoShop, RoboHelp, HTML would be an advantage;
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels are essential.
- Great presentation skills; comfortable with speaking to groups of internal & external stakeholders.
- Business analysis and project management competence will be an advantage
- Be ready to show and discuss samples of prior work at the interview/panel review.
Method of Application
nterested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.