Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
Location: Maiduguri with frequent visits to other locations in Borno
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 2 months
Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable
- Under the supervision of the administrative coordinator, the administrator carries out administrative, accounting and financial management of his/her base, in compliance with donor and Solidarites International procedures.
- He/she supervises accounting operations and cash management, and carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the program managers.
- He/she is also one of those charged with ensuring that Solidarités International’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented at the base.
- He supports monitors and trains the members of his administrative team.
Administrative Management of Personnel:
- Assist in welcoming and integrating new personnel, ensure they receive administrative briefing
- Supervise the administrative management of personnel recruitment and hiring at his/her base
- Supervise the archiving, handling and security of Solidarités International personnel files
- Draft employment contracts for employees at his/her base, and ensure that they are adhered to
- Ensure that performance reviews are carried out according to defined procedure, and monitor the professional development of personnel
- Centralise training requests from teams and set up a training plan
- Assist in ordering and determining disciplinary measures
- Apply the formalities provided for sanctions and for termination or breach of contract
- Supervise the collection of elements needed to establish wages and monitor their proper implementation
- Calculate taxes, complete returns and make statements and payments to the necessary organizations
- Assist in defining and applying Solidarités International’s salary and social policies
- Evaluate risks linked to changes in compensation and social policies
- Oversee the setting up of legal representation and consultation bodies for personnel at his/her base, and assist in conflict management and resolution
- Conduct meetings and communication with personnel
- Track the cost of living
- Update the mission organization chart.
- Define the needs of administrative personnel at his/her base, and recruit according to the resources allocated
- Train, support and evaluate the administrative team at his/her assignment base
- Plan and direct the activities of the administrative team
- Lead meetings for the administrative team
- Manage his/her base's cash-flow and ensure that banks and cash boxes are well supplied
- Manage transfers and monitor the security of funds
- Formulate cash-flow forecasts with the logistics officer and the program managers
- Supervise the upkeep and security of safes and cash-boxes
- Validate all disbursements and commitments of expenditure, in compliance with Solidarités International procedures
- Supervise account keeping at his/her base, monitor cash balances
- Monitor bank books for his/her base and keep the safe
- Prepare and supervise the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting for his/her base
- Verify the accounting files before they are sent to coordination
Budgetary / FinancialMmonitoring:
- Update allocation boards for his/her base
- Update and analyze budget follow up in conjunction with logistic and program teams
- Make connections between budgetary consumption and activity progress
- Propose solutions if necessary
- Monitor functioning costs at his/her assignment base
- Oversee adherence to donor administrative procedures
- Aid the administrative coordinator in formulating financial reports and carrying out audits
- Assist in formulating budgets for new projects
Administrative Management of the Mission:
- Verify and validate all contracts drafted at the base
- Assist in selecting Solidarités International premises
- Ensure administrative monitoring of insurance locations, claims and contracts
- Establish and maintain relationships with local and regional administrative authorities, monitor regulations in force
- Take part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represent Solidarités International on request and/or by order
- Supervise the sending of administrative files to the coordination
- Ensure administrative and financial reports are made to the coordination according to the Solidarités administrative calendar
- Professional experience: at least 3 year of experience in similar position in Finance and Human Resources especially with INGOs
- Bachelor's Degree in Administration, Management, Accounting or any related fields
- IT skills : Microsoft software practice, sound Excel skills
- Dynamic, organized, methodical, team player, with sound communication skills
- Languages: fluent in English (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritisation of tasks, work under tight deadlines.
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria.
Method of Application
- When the above link opens, select Regional Administrator fill the form and attach your CV
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
Interested and qualified? Go to Solidarites International career website on docs.google.com to apply