Deputy Chief of Party at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
Posted on: 11 July, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agri
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and Brussels, Belgium with offices in 16 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe.
We work with businesses, foundations, governments and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity and improve access to inputs and credit across 45 countries worldwide.
Deputy Chief of Party
- CNFA is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party on the Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity. The position will be based in Nigeria.
- The Deputy Chief of Party will work closely with the Chief of Party to provide technical oversight and management, including the development and implementation of the project’s vision, strategy, and technical direction.
- She/He will ensure that project activities are high-quality, adhere to USAID technical guidance, and align with global best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Activity will address the constrains that hinder the overall agricultural business environment in Nigeria and improve the levels of agriculture-related investments.
- The Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for supporting the following anticipated objectives:
- Promotion of smart and efficient policy and regulations within the agricultural finance sector,
- Mitigation of credit risks of agribusinesses and improvement in the services provided by financial institutions to agribusinesses, and
- Strengthen the readiness of agribusinesses to access and manage investments.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant, progressively responsible management experience is required;
- Master's degree, or higher, in economics, business administration, public administration, agriculture, or a related field is required,
- Demonstrated experience and a proven track record of implementing activities focused on agricultural development is required;
- Technical familiarity in agricultural finance regulations, agricultural finance services, and capacity building for agribusinesses, including technical expertise in at least one of these areas, is required;
- Experience effectively backstopping and reinforcing long- and short-term specialists, ensuring efficiency in project and grantee activities, maintaining rigorous focus on project indicators, results, and the management of monitoring and reporting is required; and;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required, knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
- Private Sector Specialist at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
- Know More About Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)Similar Jobs
- Project Coordinator - KFW at Plan International
- System Strengthening Officer at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Health System Strengthening Officer at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Consultant I:/Technical Officer- Logistics (LMCU) at Management Sciences For Health - MSH
- M&E Intern at Mercy Corps
- Humanitarian Programme Advisor at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Director of Programmes (DOP) – OVC Programme at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) - OVC Programme at Society for Family Health (SFH)