The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
Case Management Supervisor
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 9 months
Closing Date: 18th July 2019
- Contribute to establishing a case management system
- Manage a team of 12 Child Protection Case Workers;
- Supporting the Case Workers to identify children who should be provided with case management services according to an agreed criterion;
- Supporting the Case Workers to develop appropriate and realistic case plans for children with different needs and providing approval for case plans;
- Supporting the Case Workers to provide appropriate case management services to children;
- Supporting the Case Workers to provide referrals and follow-up for children with external service-providers, sharing case information as appropriate;
- Entering case management data into the Child Protection Information Management System (CPIMS);
- Signing off on the closure of case plans;
- Ensuring appropriate child safeguarding and accountability mechanisms are in place and working effectively;
- Pre-identify alternative care arrangements for unaccompanied and separated children;
- Conduct daily field visits to beneficiaries in camps, Informal Settlements and households in Ngala, Bama, Banki, Dikwa, Damboa and Mafa.
- Support team-building and professional development of staff, including through regular performance appraisals;
- Support the development of referral pathways for children requiring external services.
- Maintain and develop cooperative working relationships with relevant service providers (national and international), community centers and organizations, governmental institutions, etc.;
- Contribute in writing evaluative and periodic progress reports on case management component of the project;
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Efficiently deliver on the commitments
- Cost effective suggestions yet maintaining quality
- Organised and has attention to detail
- Deliver agreed results/outputs without reminders
- Seek continuous self-development
- Pro-active attitude
- Demonstrate willingness to try and learn
- Respect confidentiality.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology or other related field (preferably Master’s Degree);
- 2 years’ relevant experience on Child Protection in emergencies;
- At least 1-year specific social work or case management work experience with children;
- Previous experience in a similar position with international or national organizations or government authorities;
- Knowledge of Child Protection standards and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team and work under pressure;
- Demonstrated respect of work and humanitarian ethics;
- Good problem solving skills and ability to work independently;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good Computer literacy, primarily Excel and Word;
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and English;
- Team player
- Friendly and good sense of humour
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a small, dynamic organisation with limited resources
- Creative and innovative
- Commitment to War Child’s aims, values and mission
- Networking and influencing skills
- Report writing skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Community facilitation skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (not longer than three pages) to:
CHAD Office, Bulumkutu Abuja,
Behind Bulumkutu Primary School,
Maiduguri, Borno State.