Business Support Engineer at Airtel
Posted on: 10 July, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Airtel
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
Business Support Engineer
Purpose of the Job
- The main activities of the RAN Business Support Function will be to support Airtel RAN customer complains quick resolutions and improve revenue.
- Support in design, monitoring, troubleshooting, wireless networking, configuration, routing, and load balancers. Strong ability to lead a RAN team, communicate with all levels of the organization, and anticipate potential problems, and solutions for potential and occurring issues, is required. This is a fast pace environment that require quick thinking, and rapid solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintains and implement RAN "BSC/RNC/Node B/RBS" environment by providing onsite hardware and software system support; identifying system improvements; upgrading, installing, and configuring systems; monitoring system performance.
- Support to reach quality performance of RAN equipment in Airtel network
- Support daily business operations performed by RAN Engineers during the resolution of critical matters.
- Coordinates with Planning, Optimization and Performance section for all required configuration changes.
- Ensure the availability of RAN network of Airtel
- Handling of emergencies outages in RAN domain "BSC/RNC/NodeB/RBS"
- RAN "BSC/RNC/NodeB/RBS" recovery from major failure
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to draw conclusions from complex technical data
- Excellent product/services knowledge within the area of responsibility (including working knowledge)
- Knowledge about our competitor’s product/services within the area of responsibility
- Very good computer literacy
- Strong analytical capabilities and troubleshooting
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to command the attention and respect of senior personnel in the customer
- Good Ericsson organisation knowledge
- Customer knowledge about internal as well as external customers and awareness of their situation and needs.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 8 years work experience in the Telecoms environment
- Product knowledge within the indicated solution area
- Knowledge about Huawei business processes and organization.
- Good knowledge about RAN design and dimensioning.
- Good Knowledge on IP Networking and design
- Good Knowledge on network evolution and standards bodies 3GPP, ITU.
- Must have good and strong telecommunications radio knowledge in RAN domain
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Airtel
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Lead, Quality Assurance & Tools at Airtel
- Head, Transport Engineering at Airtel
- Technology Program Executive at Airtel
- Lead, Business Support System at Airtel
- Passive and Active Partner Governance Engineer at Airtel
- Lead - Reporting & Regulatory Compliance at Airtel
- Regional Technical Officer at Airtel
- Know More About AirtelSimilar Jobs
- Analyst ICT (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Female .Net Developer at GVA Partners
- Dell Storage and Backup Engineer at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- System Capture - Freight Net Officer at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited
- Country ICT Manager at British Council
- Software Developer (POS) at Karferry Limited
- Back End Developer at Karferry Limited
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Order24 Nigeria