Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Health Finance Consultant - HP+
Duration: Three months (July – September 2019).
Project Overview and Role
- Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded five-year $185 million project awarded to Palladium on August 28, 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country, and subnational levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal health. It aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners’ capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to their priorities. Central elements of HP+ revolve around building in-country capacity, institutionalizing achievements of past investments and promoting country ownership of programs and initiatives.
- The Health Finance Consultant will lead the design and implementation of relevant studies including State Health Accounts, Fiscal Space Analysis and public expenditure reviews to assess and advice on the health financing environment in the supported states. The position will report to the Technical Director of the HP+ project.
- Provide functional supervision, technical input and advice to the State Health Finance Advisors in Abia, Osun and Ebonyi state
- Oversee completion of activities and analyses related to:
- State-level public expenditures reviews (PERs);
- State-level fiscal space analyses (FSAs);
- The OOP-WTP survey and analysis of survey dataset;
- State-level health financing landscape reports;
- Development and operationalization of a public expenditures tracking tool.
- Lead development of state-level Resource Mobilization Plans for sustainable and predictable financing of health care.
- Coordinate, plan, and implement relevant learning activities such as after-action reviews, briefings, and communities of practices, learning events and/or seminars supporting the achievement of project goals and objectives.
- Master's degree in Health Economics, Health Policy and Management, or Public Health with a health financing focus.
- At least eight (8) years of relevant experience in health financing policy, health financing reforms, capacity-building, designing operations and successfully implementing complex programs with multiple partners and work streams. Experience with health insurance, contracting and provider management is an advantage.
- Strong writing, editing and oral communication skills with the ability to lead the production of high-quality deliverables and reports
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills.
- Strong management skills and ability to effectively set priorities and handle competing time and resource demands for self and others
- Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.