Lead Market Analyst at Voke Engineering Services Ltd
Posted on: 11 June, 2019
Deadline: 13 June, 2019
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Voke Engineering Services Ltd
Voke Engineering Services Limited is a Private Limited Liability Company established in Nigeria, by a diverse group of specialist engineers to providing Engineering and Project Management consultancy services to the petroleum and Gas ,energy and Power, infrastructure and manufacturing industries. .
Lead Market Analyst
Responsible for detailed Market Study Report with the objectives which includes the following as a minimum:
- To validate the assurance for demand of the proposed Kano IPP power project in the competitive Nigerian business environment where reforms are evolving
- To assure the feasibility of the project's demand irrespective of the demand and supply challenges
- To provide details of the competitive advantage and critical success factors of the project via SWOT analysis for the proposed project
- To provide necessary data to aid the financial and economic analysis and model e.g. tariffs both to grid operators and direct consumers, collection rates, gas Price, Transmission Wheeling Price etc.
- Provide overview of the Nigerian power sector through detailed review of post-privatization experience and key players across the entire value chain. The assessment will focus on existing and ongoing power projects in Nigeria with particular emphasis on the Northern Nigerian region, including growth drivers, recent trends and outlook.
- Comment on the evolution of Electricity Generation Industry in Nigeria
- Gas Availability
- On Grid Power Generation
- Transmission Network Availability
- Distribution Network Availability
- Availability of credible off-takers
- Conduct detailed market size analysis (Installed/available capacity and pipeline of projects) highlighting challenges faced by existing plants and how these challenges can be mitigated for the proposed power plant.
- Analyze the electricity demand and supply in Nigeria considering current demand for power and its forecast, till 2023
- Analyze the competitive landscape, including key strategies and recent developments of the top players and their projects in the Nigeria power market.
- Analyze the current market dynamics and growth opportunities of the IPPs particularly for the northern region.
- Analyze the various trends and developments in the Nigeria power market, along with factors instrumental in increasing the demand of Power Generation .
- Analyze government initiatives like PRSP and other policies & regulations, and investment pertaining to the offtake of power projects in Nigeria.
- Analyze the current revenue shortfalls in the NESI and the commentary on Government programs to address the sector deficits and transition to a cost reflective and contract based market
- Comment on existing and planned gas infrastructure around the proposed location of the plant
- Identify other potential sources of gas to diversify feedstock supply sources and improve attractiveness of the project to potential investors
- Present the business investment scenario in the Nigeria power market, through detailed coverage of PESTLE analysis
- Comment on potential for the proposed power plant to sign bilateral agreement with credible distribution companies (DISCOs) and the WAPP in order to diversify cash flow sources in addition to committed capacity to NBET under a Power Purchase Agreement
- Prepare SWOT analysis for the proposed project
- Comment on current sector liquidity challenges, solutions being proposed by government and other stakeholders, and strategies that can be adopted to improve bankability of the proposed project
- Comment on the MYTO tariff framework and implication for the bankability of the proposed project
- Comment on profile of key stakeholders being considered by Kano IPP for the proposed project i.e. EPC contractor, O&M company, promoters, etc.
- Analyze the impact of new entries into the market (Captive Power, Independent electricity Distribution Networks, IEDN, Mini Grid Generation, and the Eligible customers)
- Articulate the critical success factors for the proposed project
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Msc in Engineering Economics or Power Plant Engineering is an added advantage.
- 10 Years' experience in the Nigeria Power Sector
- Evidence of proven track records to have participated in similar projects as a market analyst.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to manage a multinational workgroup.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Position as the subject of the mail.
- Know More About Voke Engineering Services LtdSimilar Jobs
- Assistant Chief Engineer at Radisson Blu Hotels
- Lifting and Hoisting Person In-charge (Oil and Gas Equipment and Materials) at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Senior Technical Officer (HVAC) at Willers Solutions
- Commissioning Engineer (Oil and Gas Pipeline and Facilities) at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Commissioning Manager (Oil and Gas Pipeline and Facilities) at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Mechanical Works Construction Manager (Oil and Gas Pipeline and Facilities) at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Civil Works Construction Manager (Oil and Gas Pipeline and Facilities) at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Facility and Stores Assistant at IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture