The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
Senior Project Management and Coordination Specialist (Construction of the new Headquarters of ECOWAS Commission / Construction of other Headquarters Building for ECOWAS Community Institutions)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), in the framework of the execution of its 2019 Budget, intends to apply a portion of the budgeted funds for the Selection of a Senior Project Management and Coordination Specialist for the Construction of Headquarters Building of ECOWAS Community Institutions
- The main objective is to ensure the proper management of the listed projects in the Terms of Reference (TOR) as well as other projects that may come about within the construction of headquarters building of ECOWAS Institutions
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include the followings as shown below and the duration of the contract shall be for a maximum period of one (1) year renewable annually.
- The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services
- Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project on the Construction of ECOWAS Commission New Headquarters:
- Participate in and assist with overall project management activities as needed by the broader project management team;
- Organize and Coordinate meetings of the ad-hoc Ministerial Committee;
- Coordinate timely clearing of imported construction materials at Duty Free;
- Assist in the organization, coordination and management of meetings among stakeholders
- Coordinate administrative services and support for the project.
For All Other Projects:
- Within delegated authority and with the use of project management methodologies like PMI and Prince-2, manage and/or coordinate the management of all projects listed in the TOR as well as others authorized by ECOWAS Commission;
- Coordinate and Handle all non-technical aspects of all mentioned projects;
- Plan, Organize and contribute to the execution of all project related meetings including but not limited to the meetings of the Ad-Hoc ECO WAS Ministerial Committee on the Construction of Headquarters of Community Institutions both at the expert and Ministerial levels;
- Ensure that the project adhere to local and Regional building regulations by seeking and acquiring appropriate approvals from authorities;
- Coordinate engagements with and manage expectations of stakeholders including ECOWAS Member States, ECOWAS Institutions and Agencies, Donors, Construction Contractors, Vendors, Project Team members, ECOWAS Citizens etc.
- Contribute to budgeting, procurement as well as financial management for projects;
- Liaise with project staff from the Departments of Infrastructure and General Administration to coordinate activities and tasks from the side ECOWAS Commission;
- Prepare and provide periodic project briefings and status reports on projects.
- Advanced University Degree (Master's Degree or equivalent) in Project Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Formal Training and/or certifications in project management based on Prince-2 and/or Project Management Institute (PMI) methodologies.
- Shall justify of at least fifteen (15) years of experience in managing or coordinating large projects at national levels involving multiple diverse stakeholders;
- Candidate shall justify of having executed at list two (2) similar assignments (large nationals projects) organized and successfully executed in ECOWAS Member States;
- Candidate shall justify a proven working experience as Project Manager or Coordinator or similar roles covering project conception to project delivery, preferably in construction;
- Candidate shall justify prior experience utilizing Prince-2 or PMI project management methodologies;
- Strong IT / Computer Skills related to project management:
- MS Project, Microsoft Office suite, Online project management platform such as Trello, Basecamp, etc.
- The individual Consultants shall be fluent in English or French Languages (reading, writing, speaking) and the practical knowledge (reading, writing, speaking) of the other of the ECOWAS Official language (English or French) would be an advantage.
Note: The attention of interested individual Consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for, or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code. The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for the position.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates must deliver their Expressions of Interest (1 original and 3 copies) in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of a Senior Project Management and Coordination Specialist for the Construction of Headquarters Building of ECOWAS Community Institutions” to the ECOWAS Tender Box located at:
The Directorate of General Administration,
Procurement Division, 1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
- Do not open the envelop, except in the presence of the Evaluation Committee
- Electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated
- Interested consultants may obtain further information through the e-mail addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1: firstname.lastname@example.org , with a copy to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org