Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Programme Manager, HIV/TB/Gender
Job ref.: 190001LK
Locations: Kano and Bauchi
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Reports to: Technical Director
- As a member of the STEER Team, The Program Manager, HIV/TB/Gender will be responsible for working closely with the STEER Technical Team to achieve the strategic objectives of the project – focusing primarily on TB/HIV prevention, Care & Support, gender but also supporting cross-cutting themes and integration efforts across the project with other areas of OVC programming including Household Economic Strengthening and Nutrition.
- S/he will lead planning in consultation with the Technical Director, reporting and capacity strengthening efforts while putting in place operational strategies for achieving project aims, results and performance expectations through adherence to high standards of programmatic and management quality.
- The PM will provide Technical Support in programming as well as documentation and reporting. Will line manage the technical leads.
Key Areas of Accountabilities
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership primarily in the areas of TB/HIV prevention and gender, Community based TB/HIV Care & Support for project beneficiaries affected by AIDS.
- Responsible for strengthening the linkages between the community-based care activities and health facilities providing TB/HIV care and treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care.
- Support the strengthening of the capacity of implementing CSOs in the area of TB/HIV prevention awareness creation, community mobilization for TB/HIV counselling and testing, PMTCT and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID), improving referral and counter-referral systems between communities and facilities.
- Support the implementation of evidence-based interventions aimed at addressing TB/HIV risk behaviours, TB/HIV transmission, and gender-based violence with a focus on adolescent girls and young female caregivers.
- The PM-TB/HIV & Gender staff will utilize approaches that support integration and maximize country and community-ownership.
- Coordinate and maintain close liaison with project partners and with relevant stakeholders in the focus state.
- Coordinate periodic monitoring/reviews of the STEER Project in the state, identifying successes, and using lessons learned to make contribution to the overall strategies of the project.
- Coordinate the development of monthly, quarterly and annual work plans in the state.
- Prepares, collates and submits periodic reports to the Technical Director on Project activities.
- Ensure proper grant management, review of partner work plans, budgets and liquidations in coordination with the Program/Award and Finance.
- In collaboration with the finance/Award teams, review and analyze budget comparison reports and take necessary steps to ensure proper management and utilization of budgets.
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies in Field Office are maintained in a safe and secure manner.
- Represent STEER Project in coordination and cluster meetings.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child protection policies; comply strictly with security procedures and other staff policies.
- Any other tasks as assigned by line manager.
Skills & Experience
- MBBS/MD and/or MPH with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in implementing HIV Prevention, Care and Support programs.
- Or BS/MA in a relevant health degree a plus a minimum of 5 years technical experience with community-level HIV prevention, Care & Support programs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills for effective team work; as well as the ability to work independently on a frequent basis, taking initiative, managing a variety of activities concurrently, and delivering outputs on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives/targets.
- Successful experience in project design and proposal development in the TB/HIV/Health sector for USAID/PEPFAR preferred.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation and reporting TB/HIV Care & Treatment activities as well as OVC.
- Good knowledge of Government of Nigeria TB/HIV Care and Treatment guidelines (Paediatric & Adult)and experience working with Ministry of Health and other relevant entities.
- Familiarity with OVC programming and principles.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required, and working knowledge of Hausa language.
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint a plus.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice):
- accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- high level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- holds self and others accountable
- Provides best-in-class TA in area of work
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designs effective project implementation methods
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.