Wash Officer (Building Resilience in Complex Crisis (BRICC)) at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
Posted on: 6 June, 2019
Deadline: 20 June, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at COOPI - Cooperazione Internaziona
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
Wash Officer (Building Resilience in Complex Crisis (BRICC))
- The WASH Officer will be responsible for the identification, design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the WASH component of the BRICCS project activities in the assigned LGAS. He will supervise all WASH activities of the project in the designated LGAs and ensure quality implementation of that component of the project.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the daily implementation of project activities and progress at assigned work sites;
- Develop action plans for project implementation - including all technical specifications for project implementation. In collaboration with the BRICCS Program Manager;
- Design and supervise the technical implementation of construction and rehabilitation of water points in selected communities of the project area
- Consider different maintenance mechanisms, ensuring that they are appropriate to the local context and cultural norms
- Liaise with local government and sectoral stakeholders/counterparts to exchange information on WASH technical implementation status
- Develop and maintain good lines of communication and relationships with local authorities and the local community.
- Supervise and be responsible for, ensure that all technical aspects of project implementation are completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner according to standard engineering methods.
- Regularly update project implementation plans to the BRICCS program manager with associated time lines.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed work plans and written records of engineering work undertaken in the project.
- Ensure a high degree of awareness regarding the security situation in the project area. Based upon this knowledge take adequate measures to ensure the safety of any and all org staff and equipment in the project location.
- Follow all org protocols and regulations according to guidance provided by the direct supervisor.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the organization and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Public Health, Engineering, Hydrology, Civil Engineering, and other related fields.
- Have a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
- Have previous experience in supervising drilling and construction activities.
- Professional, motivated, organized, flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and designing software Skills (AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Economic Reintegration Officer (Building Resilience in Complex Crisis (BRICC)) at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Know More About COOPI - Cooperazione InternazionaleSimilar Jobs
- Facility Manager, Quality Assurance/Quality Control at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services (AMFacilities)
- Facility Manager, Maintenance at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services (AMFacilities)
- Facility Manager (Quantity Surveyor) at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services (AMFacilities)
- Inspection Engineer (M/F) at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Construction Engineer at EPCM Engineers Limited
- Lead Technician at Sellafield Energy
- Expeditor at Sellafield Energy
- Operations Excellence Officer at Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc.