Process Artisan, Utilities at SAB Miller
Posted on: 30 May, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at SAB Miller
SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
Process Artisan, Utilities
Reference Number: SAB-527
Location: Ilesa, Osun
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide specialist support to the shift-based teams during operations.
- Where required, assist as a functional expert in problem solving.
- Where required, provide guidance and advice to the shift-based teams on machine operation, machine fault finding and correct responses to machine failure modes
- Provide coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer of machine operation to shift based teams
- Take part, as functional expert, in regional and central office plant optimization trials
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance window in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the planner
- Where scheduled work cannot be completed, feed back to the maintenance planner for direction.
- This may involve rescheduling the work or prioritizing outstanding work
- Assist fellow team members in the execution of their tasks in during planned maintenance windows. Partake in maintenance postmortems to feedback problems, opportunities and learnings from maintenance activities
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate problem solving techniques.
- If required, additional resources may be called in to assist.
- Where problems have been uncovered, and it is required to include the work in the planned maintenance schedule, this must be communicated to the Maintenance Planner.
- Carry out condition monitoring activities where these have been allocated to the Technician in accordance with the CM schedule
- On request, partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the Shift Artisans in carrying out repairs
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action
- Where required, specialist assistance may be called in. This may include internal resources such as Instrument Technicians, or external resources such as Contractors or Suppliers
- Where repairs indicate that major work is required, such as re-wiring a motor, this must be transferred to the engineering workshop for attention.
- Verify that where running repairs have been carried out, this has addressed the problem
- Complete the administration tasks relating to any running repairs that the Technician has carried out. This includes all SAP inputs
- Where running repairs cannot be carried out, communicate this to the Maintenance Planner to ensure the work is planned into the next planned window
- Where problems have occurred during routine activities, apply the correct problem solving approach to resolve
- Where required, call in additional resources to assist in problem solving or escalate to the Maintenance Planner or Engineer for direction
- Assist fellow team members to resolve problems on request Take part, as functional expert, in FFA's on request
Housekeeping and Safety:
- Operate in a safe manner at all times, and identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected
- Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhere to appropriate SAB policies and procedures Carry out houskeeping tasks, and apply 5S principles during the execution of duties.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- HND/B.Sc in Electrical/Automation Engineering
- 3-5 years as an Artisan in a similar industry
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications i.e. (Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Management skills.
- People handling ability.
- Mental alertness, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Conceptual skills.
- Engineering Specialist SME - Subject matter expert.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from SAB Miller
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Machine Specialist, Brewing at SAB Miller
- Process Artisan, Brewing at SAB Miller
- Know More About SAB MillerSimilar Jobs
- Electrical & Instrumentation Lead (M/F) at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Mechanical Supervisor (H/F) at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Mechanical, Chemical, and Electrical Engineer at Drury Industries
- NYSC Corpers at Raeanna Nigeria Limited
- Mechanisation Lead at Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- Torquing/Bolting Coordinator at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Pellet Press Supervisor at Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc.
- Production Control Room Supervisor at Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc.