The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract Type: 3-year renewable contract
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Coordinate the day to day implementation of the Youth employment in Agribusiness and sustainable agriculture project;
- Support the development of young Agripreneurs through demonstration and training in close collaboration with all program actors;
- Facilitate the implementation of the project activities in all target locations and participate in the monitoring of progress made towards achieving the project set goals and objectives;
- Establish good linkages with the project partners to ensure adequate implementation of the project;
- Ensure that quarterly and annually consolidated technical and financial reports for the project are prepared and submitted on schedule;
- Present activities, results, impacts and outcomes of the project at professional, donor and other stakeholders’ meeting.
- Support with the identification and screening of sites for training and entrepreneur incubation;
- Monitor and manage project resources including financial resources;
- Support the Youth in Agribusiness Office on training and incubation related activities;
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- BSc/HND in Crop Production, Agriculture or related field with minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar or related roles.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have experience on project coordination with stakeholder engagement;
- Have experience of community or rural development approach;
- Have experience in market sector, Agribusiness, Civil Society Organization to maximize participation in publicity of the pilot;
- Have Organizational, Planning and Budget management experience;
- Have ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural environment;
- Have excellent project management, interpersonal and team building skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campu
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.