Program Assistant at Jhpiego - John Hopkins University
Posted on: 21 May, 2019
Deadline: 4 June, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Jhpiego - John Hopkins University
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with some its partners: Jhpiego, mDoc and the Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF), will be implementing a MSD for Mothers funded cooperative agreement called MSD for Mothers (MFM) Quality of Care (QoC) Project. This project offer a unique and synergistic approach to co-design and implement an innovative QoC model to achieve the projects expected outputs, focusing on indirect causes of maternal morbidity and mortality. The project will be implemented in 2 states - Abuja and Lagos for a minimum period of 15 months.
Locations: Niger and Ondo
Reports to: Project Officer
- Intermittent preventive treatment of malaria during pregnancy (IPTp) with sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine is one of the key interventions recommended by World Health Organization (WHO) for preventing malaria among pregnant women living in high malaria transmission countries including Nigeria.
- Despite the availability of this affordable intervention and medicines, a high proportion of pregnant women do not have access to them. Unitaid is funding Jhpiego - An Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University and her partners to implement a five- year project - "Transforming Intermittent preventive treatment of malaria for optimal pregnancy” (TIPTOP) in four African countries - Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC); Madagascar; Mozambique and Nigeria. In Nigeria the project will be implemented in Ebonyi, Niger and Ondo States.
- Program Assistant needed to manage day-to-day office operations for an upcoming UNITAID project in Ondo and Niger states to expand accent to preventive chemotherapy for pregnant women in Nigeria.
- This project aims to scale up an innovative, community-based approach to expand coverage of intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy (lPTp), with quality assured sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine (SP), for-pregnant women.
- The Program Assistant will organize schedules and provide key logistical support for project team members’ travel to project sites.
- S/he will facilitate distribution of project materials to project sites,
- Manage day-to-day operations of project office in Nigeria.
- Organize schedules for project site visits.
- Arrange travel/hotel reservations and track related travel expenses.
- Provide administrative support to operation of project activities.
- Work within established Jhpiego systems and in accordance with local regulations.
- Draft correspondence to IGAS, MOH, SPHCDA, NOOs, and other agencies as requested.
- Coordinate the procurement of office supplies, organize proper storage, maintain stock’reports and monitor uSage.
- Organize transport and distribution of project materials to project sites and maintain accurate stock reports.
- Report issues to the State Project Officer and troubleshoot as seeded.
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings, including invitations, meeting space, logistics, and refreshments.
- Coordinate technological needs with IT Officer. Draft meeting notes and share with meeting participants.
- Maintain files and support the dissemination of project information among the project team.
- Schedule and support project visitors, including travel, visas, logistics, office space and meetings.
- Assist with drafting, editing and proofreading of technical materials and program reports, including progress reports, activity charts, and annual reports as requested.
- Work collaboratively with project and headquarters finance staff to prepare and track the progress of project and activity budgets.
- Ensure compliance with UNITAID operational policies and regulations.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelors’ Degree in any of the Social Sciences Public Health, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in coordinating international donor financed projects
- Familiarity with international donor policies and administrative procedures
- 3-5 years’ of experience in administrative support of international health projects
- Ability to track expenses, keep accurate financial records and work within donor budgets.
- Proficiency in writing and editing letters, reports, and documents
- Strong decision making and results oriented approach
- Ability to Interact skillfully and diplomatically with numerous counterparts such as networks of senior level international health professionals, donors, universities and other partners
- Familiarity with Nigeria government regulations including immigration, importation, and customs.
- Experience and understanding of malaria prevention, care and treatment
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple projects/tasks, short deadlines, competing deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Appreciation for socio-cultural differences in countries, preferably having lived and worked in one or more low resource settings
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with counterparts in other agencies and organizations worldwide
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office
- Fluent in written in English preferred
- Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills
- Ability to travel nationally.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application Letter and CV as one Single Document indicating location to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified. The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Recent Jobs from Jhpiego - John Hopkins University
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Data Analyst at Jhpiego - John Hopkins University
- Community Mobilization Officer at Jhpiego - John Hopkins University
- Know More About Jhpiego - John Hopkins UniversitySimilar Jobs
- Senior Project Officer at Management Sciences For Health - MSH
- Mental Health and Psycho-Social Support Advisor at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager at Chemonics International
- Private Sector Specialist at Chemonics International
- Technical Officer-CHTB at AHNI
- Technical Assistant (Laboratory Services) at AHNI
- Technical Officer-Monitoring & Evaluation at AHNI
- HIV Specialist at AHNI