Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization registered in 2007 with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. HIFASS is also committed to enhancing the quality of lives of the vulnerable population including women, children and disabled persons in Nigeria. We provide local driven solutions to advance better development outcome in health, education and other social services.
HIFASS in partnership with other development organizations implement a donor-funded community Orphans & Vulnerable Children (OVC) and Pediatric ART Saturation Support programs in Cross River, Akwa lbom, Adamawa & Kano States.
Desk and Front Office Assistant
Locations: Calabar-Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Kano & Adamawa
- The Desk and Front Office Assistant will provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related task, under the supervision of the Finance and Admin Manager.
Essential Job Functions, Duties,And Responsibilities
- Maintains security by following procedures, monitoring visitors logbook and issuing visitor badges/tags and pass.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries, re-direct calls as appropriate and take adequate messages when required
- Assist managers to maintain programme/office calendar
- Assist in scheduling and arranging for meetings and conferences to include agenda, attendance and venue management.
- Management of Closed User Group (CUG) services for the organization (including monthly payment of access charges and activation for new staff).
- Receipt and dispatch of letters for the organization, receipt and direction of visitors within the organization, direct the caller to the appropriate associate.
- Assist in gatherings variety of presentation material for use in meetings, training sessions, or for publication.
- Manage e-mail correspondences as necessary.
- Ensure that the reception area is kept neat and tidy so as to maintain the good image of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- OND/NCE or higher qualification
- A Secretarial Certification will bean added advantage.
- 1-2 years in related working experience in Administrative and Secretarial duties
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thorough understanding of monitoring visitors’ access
- Good knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Good oral and communication skills
- Ability to communicate in any of the local languages will bean added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to the "Human Resources Manager" in only one attachment (PDF Format) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the title of the-position and choice of location as the subject of the mail
Note: Only shortlisted applicant will be invited for interview and HIFASS will not cover any cost for invited shortlisted candidates