The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Junior Officer, Operational Controls
Role Purpose Statement
- This role provides the holder with an opportunity to contribute to the organizations’ control environment and exposure to many business areas.
- Staff will gain a broad perspective of the financial controls of the Company through varied assignments that range from expenditure controls, inventory control, supply chain, budgetary control and compliance engagements.
Major Roles / Accountabilities
- Evaluating payment vouchers to determine the completeness, appropriateness, correctness, reasonability and need justification for every expenditure.
- Evaluating stock request, issues and record processing.
- Confirm deliveries are consistent with contractual terms and vendor acceptance.
- Evaluate adherence to expenditure forecast and procurement plans with periodic/rolling evaluation.
- Evaluating efficiency in Inventory management, ensuring that stock remains in usable condition and reasonable quantity, Identifying and proposing stock management improvements.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for processed transactions in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Proactively provide feedback and advise on how to control operating costs.
- Participate in control evaluation and assessment and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Assist in sustenance and improvement in alignment with policies, procedures, processes.
- Perform assigned budget control procedures on all intended company commitments and expenditure.
- Perform operational and financial controls activities as assigned.
- Assist in enlightening on business processes at business unit level to achieve business goals.
- Ensure business operations are in compliance with company policies and best practices.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and Administration, Finance and Accounting, Engineering, Technology, Compliance or technical experience in internal control or compliance
- Relevant Professional qualification.
- 5 years’ relevant experience (Audit, internal)
Method of Application
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4 - Abuja, FCT,
- All applications should include CV and a Cover Letter.
- The subject of your application should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
Interested and qualified? Go to Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) career website on www.abujaelectricity.com to apply