Our Client in the energy(power generation) Industry seeks the services of a Finance Manager.
Business Development Manager
- Reporting to the Head, Business Development, this position assists in developing and executing strategic initiatives focused on new growth opportunities. The incumbent works with the Company's management team to ensure the corporate and business strategies remain relevant and that satisfactory progress is being made to ensure successful execution.
- The Business Development Manager is responsible for driving business growth by championing new business opportunities, capital investment initiatives, operational improvements and strategic alliances. He/she will perform financial analysis and valuations in support of planning and strategy formulation. This role will involve the analysis of specific strategies, technologies and markets through the development of financial models, databases and risk assessment tools.
- He/she has direct responsibility for market, competitor and industry analysis, benchmarking, project proposals, cost analysis and business planning.
- In addition, the Business Development Manager will also build and manage relationships with external industry analysts, strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants, Government and other regulators, shareholders and other primary stakeholders. He/she will represent the Company's interests in commercial, operational and technical alliances, and in presentations and meetings related to the promotion, development and evaluation of business activities within approved policy and authority limits.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Supports the formulation and execution of the Company's vision and corporate strategic
Plan Business Development Manager Job Description
- Actively involved in the development of long- and short-term business goals, objectives and targets as part of the Company's planning and budgeting process
- Provides critical analytical and research support to develop growth strategies for the Company.
- Works with business managers and teams on the development and documentation of functional strategic plans which are presented to the Executive Management and Board for approval
- Communicates key information to stakeholders across the Company as regards marketplace needs, the competitive environment, cost management, and the provision of high-quality customer-focused products and services.
- Responsible for gathering, analysing and disseminating information on relevant energy policies involving federal and state regulatory matters.
- Presents viable business opportunities to the executive management team and investment review committee when required.
- Identifies changes in the economic and business environment that may potentially warrant modifications to the Company's business and operational support strategies and keeps internal stakeholders informed of organizational and environmental changes and trends that may have an impact on the Company’s current and future performance
- Enables the development of comprehensive Marketing, Sales and Operations management strategies, business plans and supporting budgets & policies
- Supports the effective integration of the Company's strategic plan with its day-to-day operations, across functional areas, and in so doing regularly interfaces with the Corporate Group Office and individual operating entities within the Group to determine areas of mutual collaboration towards the achievement of Group objectives.
- Coordinates the annual strategic planning and budgeting process, assists the Finance Manager with 5year business plan, financial forecasting and variance analysis.
- Leads sub teams in business planning and analysis, supports the formulation and documentation of final recommendations for executive and senior management review. Develop financial models and analytical frameworks to facilitate strategic planning and support management assumptions
- Develops strategy implementation and business performance measurement tools
- Conduct regular market, competitor and industry analyses to identify business growth
- Analyses business improvement opportunities by conducting economic, commercial, technical, financial reviews etc, with reference to best practice methodologies and approaches
- Drives the communication, execution and monitoring of the corporate and functional strategies and plans
- Works with business Managers to effectively negotiate and execute definitive research and/or licensing/concession agreements, as well as other business contracts
- Works with the Legal team towards meeting collaborative and contractual obligations to third parties.
- Develops standard Request for Proposal (RFP) templates, monitors the process and works with the Head, Procurement to analyse technical and commercial bids
- Researches and coordinates Company data to oversee and support Business Development and knowledge management efforts.
- Performs other assigned duties as delegated from time to time
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Quality, timeliness and effectiveness of corporate and functional plans developed, and the level of alignment with the Company’s Vision
- Extent to which operating plans and activities are driven by Corporate/Group Strategies Quality of financial models and forecasts
- Effectiveness of market intelligence
- Effectiveness of processes and systems in enabling the business
- Number of new business development initiatives that are implemented
Effectiveness of knowledge management within the Company
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1st degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Economic or other related field
Minimum of 10 years work experience, at least 2 of which must have been in a similar role or Financial Planning and Analysis, Management Consulting, Corporate Finance within a reputable and structured business environment, preferably in the Oil & Gas industry
Demonstrated ability to develop financial models and other complex analysis in Excel and present results in an easy to understand format
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Energy Industry Dynamics with a bias for Gas & Power Business Development Manager Job Description
- Business Strategy Development and Execution
- Appreciation of Finance & Investment Management principles
- Financial/Economic Modeling and Forecasting
- Contract Negotiation, Management and Administration
- Project Management and Planning
- Government and Customer Relations
- Marketing and Sales
- Quantitative, analytical skills; strong attention to detail
- Business Planning Processes
- Business Performance Management Systems (Balanced Scorecard)
- Ability to conduct Secondary Research
- Creativity & Innovation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Team playing
- Oral & Written Communication
- PC Utilisation
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.