Principal Flow Assurance Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Posted on: 13 March, 2019
Deadline: 22 March, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation.
Principal Flow Assurance Engineer
Ref Id: 103269BR
Skillpool: Project Services
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive the development and implementation of safe and competitive Flow Assurance solutions for a large and complex deepwater project, as defined in the project controls and assurance plan, and ensure compliance with process safety requirements.
- Lead the project flow assurance activities during tendering, detail design, fabrication, testing, installation, and support the final commissioning offshore in accordance with Company policies and standards.
- Address flow assurance related technical clarifications from vendors, support the development of technical evaluation criteria and the technical evaluation of the bids.
- Manage the uncertainties associated with process data received from other disciplines such as subsurface and fluids teams.
- Contribute to the management of change process to ensure technical integrity, efficiency, and safety of facilities.
- Participate in project lessons learned and/or after-action reviews to catalogue all lessons learned for lateral application in other projects.
- Lead or participate in project assurance activities such as design reviews, HEMP workshops, HAZIDs, HAZOPs, operability reviews, VARs, etc.
- Facilitate transfer of operations experience and process data, and provide technical and operational input to the project execution.
- Accountable for interfacing with all disciplines from wells and completions, on flow assurance issues to ensure systems integration. Identify new gaps and opportunities, and steer Research & Development (R&D) projects linking business challenges with technology vision.
- Provide mentorship and coaching of less experienced staff.
- Manage flow assurance threats and opportunities for the project.
- Develop operating procedures and guidelines (chemical strategy, dosage rates, backpressures, etc.) for the project.
- Assess, quantify and mitigate depositional risks in subsea flowlines and wellbores by integrating process data and thermal-hydraulic modeling.
- Maintain close links with Company R&D team and monitor the development of new technology and solutions that can add value to the business, and work to drive the implementation of these technologies.
- Network both internally and externally to incorporate and share knowledge and best practices.
- Ensure that all work is done in a manner consistent with Company’s guidelines and policies.
- Collaborate with other subject matter experts and technical authorities globally to deliver quality and seamless service as needed.
- Contribute to the achievement of the project Nigerian Content Development objectives.
- Demonstrate commitment to HSSE and show leadership that fosters appropriate behaviour while ensuring compliance with HSSE rules and policies, including proactive hazard identification and mitigation.
- Provide authentic and visible leadership in the areas of diversity, coaching, interpersonal and technical skills development, and cost leadership.
â€‹Qualifications & Experience
- The Principal Flow Assurance Engineer shall have minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with at least 12 years’ experience in upstream EP projects preferably in deep water environment. At least 10 years’ experience directly related to Flow Assurance Engineering.
He/She shall meet the following requirements;
- A COREN registered or registrable engineer.
- Technical professional who demonstrates a broad and deep understanding of flow assurance, subsea engineering and the Oil and gas Exploration and Production (E&P) business.
- Good knowledge of deepwater subsea & pipelines design, fabrication, installation and commissioning and played a key role in the delivery of at least one major deepwater project involving subsea infrastructure, and major deepwater field installation.
- Able to work within and interface with mixed teams of professionals located globally.
- Have excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Team player, self-motivated, with coaching skills, persistence, and with ability to think outside- the-box.
- Visibly demonstrates personal and company HSE commitment.
- Demonstrates capability to proactively implement plans and follow through with sustained execution, meeting project milestones.
- Values and is open to listening to stakeholder perspectives, including experience managing multiple stakeholders, and host government agencies.
- Able to maintain composure under pressure while providing clear and decisive leadership.
- Able to deal with multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to influence and develop relationships across disciplines and multiple cultures, be comfortable coaching and motivating others, and delivering through others.
- Proficient in use of software such as OLGA, PIPESIM, Unisim Design, STFlash/Multiflash, and PVTsim.
- Able to provide technical expertise in PVT studies, fluid characterization, thermodynamics, phase behaviour, thermo-hydraulic modeling and solids transport phenomena.
- Able to identify opportunities for optimising systems designs (e.g. optimizing system hydraulic capacity), reducing operating costs (e.g. reduce chemical injection rates) and proposing technically robust solutions to deliver value.
- Familiar with project development challenges in Nigeria or in other regions with similar challenges.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested applicants should not apply for more than one of the roles advertised in the website. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant's applications.
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Recent Jobs from Shell Petroleum Development Company
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- BSWA Construction Lead-FPSO at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- BSWA Commissioning and Start-up Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Materials and Corrosion Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Project Control and Performance Assurance at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- SURF Supply Chain Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- FPSO Supply Chain Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Subsea Systems Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Distribution Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Subsea Controls Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Estimating and Assurance Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Integrated Planning and Strategy Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Process Engineering Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Operations Readiness/Commissioning and Start-up Manager at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Supply Chain Lead - Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Know More About Shell Petroleum Development CompanySimilar Jobs
- Auto Workshop Operations Manager at Motorways Mazel
- Electrical Technicians at GZ Industries
- Projectionist at Filmhouse Cinemas Limited
- Electrical Engineer at Aldelia Limited
- Drill Team Quality Supervisor at Sellafield Energy
- Geophysical Quality Control at Sellafield Energy
- Drilling Logistics Supervisor at Sellafield Energy
- Offshore Operations Lead at Sellafield Energy