OneFi started in 2012 as a brick and mortar consumer lender focused on the Nigerian market. Having raised a Series A round in 2015, we pivoted in 2016 to become a digital lender via the Paylater App (www.paylater.ng) and we are focused on provided access to financial services to the “Next Billion’ starting in Africa.
Currently, we are the largest fully automated smartphone lender in West Africa with over 1,000,000 apps downloaded and disbursing just under 2,000 loans per day in Nigeria and Ghana. Our 2018 goal is to be a digital bank in 3 countries and have secured a banking license in Nigeria already.
Junior Software QA/ Support Engineer
About the Role
- Your core responsibility will be performing tests on computer applications to detect, isolate and report issues.
- In addition, you will be required to Initiate tests, analyze results, and find solutions to technical problems, while ensuring that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested.
- You will also be available to resolve or escalate technical support issues.
Your job will involve the following:
- Analyze, review, and assess requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria, specifications, and models for testability .
- Identify and document test conditions, and capture traceability between test cases, test conditions, and the test basis.
- Design and implement test cases and test procedures.
- Automate tests as needed.
- Evaluate non-functional characteristics such as performance efficiency, reliability, usability, security, compatibility, and portability.
- Resolve technical customer-facing problems.
- Manage reported issues and escalate when required.
The ideal candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Must have a minimum of 2 year experience in software testing or a related technical role.
- Must be able to work comfortably in a team.
- Ability to write basic SQL queries.
- Great communication skills, and ability to put together documentation.
- Flexibility is essential as well.
- Having a programming language experience is an advantage.
The following are optional but will enhance your chances of being considered:
- Knowledge of GIT Version-Control System.
- Knowledge of NoSQL systems, specifically MongoDB.
- A background in Computer Science, Mathematics and/or Statistics.
- Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and/or other automated testing skills.
- Ability to work with the Linux / Unix environment.
- Knowledge of the Selenium test automation framework and testing tools such as TestNG & JUnit.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.