The International Committee of the Red Cross – ICRC- (www.icrc.org) is an independent humanitarian organisation, neutral and impartial. MaiduguriSub-Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Healthcare in Danger Assistant
Health Care in Danger Assistant in Abuja provides support to the ICRC Delegation in defining, coordinating and implementing activities linked to the protection of wounded and sick, health care personnel, facilities and means of transport in Nigeria. H/She contributes to raise awareness and to mobilize key stake-holder on the respect due to the
Main duties and responsibilities
- Contributes to the analysis of the main challenges affecting health care in Nigeria;
- Supports the Delegation in defining and implementing HCiD activities in a coherent manner through a Delegation- approved strategy;
- Supports all the sites - in cooperation with Protection, Assistance (Health), Prevention and Cooperation Departments - in the planning, implementation and assessment of local and contextualized projects on HCiD;
- Mobilizes humanitarian stakeholders and relevant national authorities (in particular the Ministry of Health) to promote the establishment of a platform for monitoring and data sharing of HCiD incidents, supporting the
- protection of medical missions, and promoting the respect of medical ethics;
- Supports the management of the Delegation in mobilizing and convening concerned stakeholders on the issue (humanitarian diplomacy) while raising awareness and sensitizing them on the topic;
- Facilitates the engagement of, and collaboration with, the Nigerian Red Cross Society in HCiD activities;
- Ensures and maintains transversal coordination and fluid communication within the Delegation - in particular
- through the organization of regular HCiD Steering Committee meetings;
- Execute administrative tasks related to HCiD.
Education and experience required
- University degree in health or equivalent field;
- 4 years’ work experience in health management field or in a humanitarian organization;
- Coordination of multidisciplinary projects and solid organizational skills;
- Awareness of the socio-political and medical environment in Nigeria;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Good command of Hausa, Igbo, and/or Yoruba as asset;
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent presentation and drafting skills in english;
- Very good training and coaching skills;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Strategic and creative thinking, analytical skills, flexibility, and open style;
- Team-player in multicultural environment;
- Empathetic and diplomatic approach.
Method of Application
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “EcoSec Generalist FO MIU" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.