Project Engineering Manager at Subsea 7
Posted on: 25 February, 2019
Deadline: 29 March, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Subsea 7
Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
Project Engineering Manager
Vacancy ref: 61115
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Contract type: Staff
Languages in which you may apply: English
Reporting to: Nigeria Engineering Manager
Overview of Role
- The Project Engineering Manager plans and coordinates the technical expertise and services required to ensure successful delivery of projects and tenders. This scope includes studies and tenders as well as live projects. The resources and competence required to deliver the work will be provided by the Engineering Disciplines and agreed at the outset of the work.
- The Project Engineering Manager will contribute to business development and marketing internally to the company's employees as well as externally to the clients as required, support the pursuit of project opportunities and identify/implement the resources and training necessary. Responsibilities may include business development, budget control, project & resource management, performance management, training and all other related business activities.
- All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Responsible to The Project/Tender Manager for the delivery of project/Tender engineering requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that standard of engineering services provided complies with corporate standards and Client specifications along with appropriate legislation.
- Manage the engineering resources and interfaces on a project or tender to achieve successful delivery
- Interface with discipline leads and/or group leads to ensure deliverable schedule is being met and budget is on track.
- Ensure schedule of engineering is linked to procurement activities, package and fabrication supply.
- Develop man-hour estimates and subsequent engineering schedule for implementation to suit overall project plan, taking responsibility for delivery.
- Identify project/tender resource requirements and liaise with Engineering Resource Coordinators to ensure availability and allocation.
- Promote and facilitate project/tender team awareness of company QA and HSE procedures.
- Ensure that all procedures and methods of work developed have considered the safety of personnel and assets.
- Actively engage in the project risk assessment and mitigation processes
- Ensure engineering on the project/tender team is effective and quality driven
- Agree and monitor performance objectives with direct reports
- Ensure that project teams maximise Group knowledge management tools.
- Manage and participate in technical audits of projects and studies.
- Promote continuing professional development.
- Contribute and lead a positive HSEQ culture on all projects, monitoring and driving HSEQ performance throughout the project life-cycle
- Ensure all relevant lessons learned are captured and communicated to the project, and performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promote continuous improvement, safety, integrity and compliance consistently on every project.
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct
- Operate according to NigerStar 7’s Management Principles
- Support standards and procedures for the Engineering Function
- For level of authority see ‘Expenditure and Authorization Specification’
- Subcontractors and suppliers for engineering and procurement activity
- Clients for Technical Reviews, and input into tenders and studies
- Relevant professional bodies and institutions of learning
- Project Managers and Tendering Managers
- Engineering Department
- HSEQ, Supply Chain Management, Project Controls and Planning Managers
- Engineering Compliance
- Offshore Manager(s) and Supervisors
- Engineering Resources Management Team
- Graduate of Engineering with 15 years of Engineering Experience in an Oil and Gas Environment with focus on EPCI projects.
- 5 years Management experience with the ability to lead an engineering team across multiple projects and tenders.
- Sound communication skills, oral, written and electronic.
- Ability to prioritise own and others’ workload, manage time and change control accordingly and direct team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Ability to manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Subsea 7 career website on careers.subsea7.com to apply