Senior Data Scientist at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Posted on: 11 February, 2019
Deadline: 22 February, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) firms help organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 250,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Sub-Saharan Africa, we're the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and over 9 000 people.
Senior Data Scientist
Job type: Permanent
- We are looking for an experienced data scientist to focus on Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), business Intelligence, and applied to complex problems involving large-scale data
- Work with stakeholders, identifying opportunities for leveraging data to solve for business challenges
- Identify valuable data sources / data sets that can be leveraged to improve results
- Analyze data to interpret business opportunity and discover trends and patterns.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of structured / un-structured data used for analysis
- Research and implement custom statistical models and machine learning algorithms
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to evolve ideas into successful solutions
- Coordinate with engineering and software development team to integrate model into continuous business / process / software cycle.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Communicate results and ideas to key stakeholders / decision makers.
- Mentor junior scientists.
- Master's/PhD Degree in any of Computer Science, Engineering Sciences, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics
- +5 years industry experience
- Any application of AI, Cognitive and Data Science technologies such as Azure Machine Learning, Cognitive Services, Text Analytics API, Bot Service, Anaconda, Jupyter, R, Spark, Neural Networks, NLP, etc
- Proficiency in R, Python, SQL, NoSQL, Shell Scripting, Linux
- Familiarity with data visualization tools - Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, MicroStrategy, Alterxy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- In-depth familiarity with Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Advanced Statistical Analysis
- Knowledge of cloud-based data science and open-source tools.
- The ability to work and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of software developers, data scientists, data engineers and Subject Matter Professional (SMP) from the business practice.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Enterprise Data Warehouse Technical Lead at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Financial Services Risk and Regulation - Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Internal Audit Senior Manager (Technology) at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Internal Audit Manager (Technology) at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Financial Services Risk & Regulation - Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Robotic Process Automation - Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Robotic Process Automation - Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Know More About PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Manager, Research & International Cooperation (Knowledge & Records Management) at African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- Sales Support Executive/Data Analyst at Ascentech Services Limited
- Research Analyst at CIPM
- Research Officer at Lagos Chambers
- Head, Research & Development at Recore Limited
- Research Assistant at Hazon Holdings
- Field Officer at Polaris Digitech limited
- Data Analyst at Polaris Digitech limited