Accountant at Crossover Microfinance Bank
Posted on: 11 January, 2019
Deadline: 17 January, 2019
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Crossover Microfinance Bank
Crossover Microfinance Bank Limited, was first incorporated under the name Pacific Savings and Loans Ltd in 1992. With a new focus and team in 2010 the bank was later rebranded Crossover Savings and Loans Ltd aka Crossover Mortgage Bankers. With the ever growing financial need in the retail sector and with new investors, Crossover remodeled its operations from mortgage to microfinance in 2014 to empower micro and small scale businesses in the retail sector. It commenced full scale microfinance operations in March 2016.
- We're looking for a passionate, driven and organized individual to fill the vacancy in our Finance and Account Department.
- This individual will be responsible for managing our day to day activities in the Finance & Accounts Department.
- Liasing with Tax consultants on all tax matters
- Update bank transactions and prepare correspondences and instruction
- Prepare customers cheque and confirmation to the bank.
- Receive and treat financial/accounting issues from branch.
- Processing of Directors’ fee and consultancy fee payment
- Receive funds, repayment, refunds and document, processes cheque and cash payments to beneficiaries, contractors and suppliers.
- Assist in preparation of daily bank balance report
- Mobilize fund and process for operational activities.
- Preparation of monthly HIFY report
- Fixed deposit account management
- Relate with branches on issues and proffering solutions
- Posting of transactions and entries.
- Handling of branch petty cash
- General Ledger updating and review
- Assist with monthly payroll
- Preparation of monthly depreciation, amortization and apportionments.
- Process monthly branch operation expenses (Petty cash, fueling, cleaning, call and transport allowances)
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned by the Head, Accounts and Department
- B.Sc./ HND in Accounting, Finance and other related field.
- OND in Accounting, Finance and other related field.
- Minimum of two years working experience in similar role.
- Professional Certification is an added advantage.
- MFB work experience is an added advantage.
- Great Analytical skills and attentive to details.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and other Accounting software.
- Ability to prioritize and manage expectations.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- The ability to communicate articulately and efficiently with both internal and external customers.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their tailored CV with the details of their address, qualification and experience in the body of the mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org the job title and location of residence as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only candidates residing in the area mentioned above should apply and only experienced candidates in a Microfinance Bank setting.
- Know More About Crossover Microfinance BankSimilar Jobs
- Company Accountant at Landlagos
- Accountant at Sellafield Energy
- Finance Manager at Sellafield Energy
- TAAT Internal Auditor, Program Management Unit at IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
- Treasury Lead at Enyo Retail & Supply
- Finance Officer- Treasury at Bet9ja
- Finance Officer- Management Accounts at Bet9ja
- Senior Finance Officer at Bet9ja