Doreo Partners is an impact investment firm with a proven track record of exclusively investing in profitable, high growth, early stage businesses that improve the livelihoods of Nigerian smallholder farmers. Doreo’s investment strategy is driven by the team’s passion to provide a private sector driven solution to Nigeria’s leading social challenge: spiraling youth unemployment.
Team Lead, Software Engineering (Android/Web)
Babban Gona seeks to hire a Team Lead, i.e. a seasoned engineer with demonstrated experience in developing robust mobile and web applications The selected individual will work alongside other members of Babban Gona’s Product Development team and own technical delivery of projects. This role is primarily aimed at Android development. Light web development and scripting will also be required.
- Manages a small team of developers to launch end-to-end products
- Plans, designs, develops, tests, and maintains enterprise-level desktop-, web- and mobile-based applications
- Designs solutions attending to both business and technical considerations
- Analyses user requirements envision system features and functionality
- Collaborates with product managers, team leads and other software developers
- Works closely with end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Works on bug fixes and improving application performance
- Participates in the evolution of company-level best practices, standards, and policies
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or any other related field
- 4+ years of experience in Software Development or an equivalent of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of software development life cycle (analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.)
- Ability to develop Android apps using any framework desired
- Understanding of databases, with proficiency in SQL
- Ability to build Microsoft Access data applications while using VBA and Macros is a plus
- Familiarity with build tools
- Mobile UI design experience
- Basic understanding of data analysis in Excel
- Unit test and debugging skills
- Understanding of code versioning tools (Git) is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Proof of already developed applications on multiple platforms will be an added advantage.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary and benefits are competitive, commensurate with experience.
Method of Application
Applicanaats should send CVs to email@example.com