Radiographer at eHealth Systems Africa
Posted on: 10 January, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at eHealth Systems Africa
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
Department: eHA Clinic
Employment Type: Full-Time National Employee
Purpose of the Position
- The Radiographer will Perform all diagnostic medical radiographic imaging procedures which are offered by the department in accordance with department protocols.
- Performs all procedures following exam protocols on neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Optimize computer images to enhance diagnostic information for Radiologists interpretation.
- Provides direct patient-centered care that ensures the highest quality and well-being of each patient.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team to promote clinical excellence, demonstrating the commitment to the mission, vision, and values of EHA Clinics.
- Delivers services according to the scope of service for Diagnostic Imaging and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Adheres to and practices the EHA Clinics Corporate Compliance Program.
What You’ll Do
The Radiographer will support eHA’s clinic predominantly by:
- Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing basic radiographic services for the patient population served. Such tasks include, but are not limited to anatomical position, proper breathing instruction, and compliance with procedure protocols.
- Operate various radiology equipment in a safe, prescribed manner to ensure quality, cost-efficient, complete results with minimal discomfort to the patient.
- Examine finished diagnostic radiographs and CT images for quality and completeness.
- Take appropriate precautions to minimize radiation exposure to patients and staff by using good positioning, exposure, and shielding habits.
- Identify, interview, and screen patients. Provide information regarding procedure, order verification, patient identification, and pre/post assessment.
- Orient radiographic students and other new department employees.
- Maintain designated department records.
- Maintain equipment and supplies and notify supervisor or Radiology Engineer of equipment malfunction.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Maintaining Quality Assurance of the radiology equipment and completion of Quality Control logs.
- Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection, and machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all discrepancies appropriately.
- Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms.
- New models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties and you may be requested to perform any other duties deemed reasonable by your line managers.
Who You Are
- The Radiographer must have a license to practice medicine from the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and should be a licensed Radiographer certified by the West African College of Surgeons or the National Postgraduate Medical College.
- B.Sc in Radiography and must be an expert in ultrasound and X-ray.
- Must show evidence of competence in the management of radiology cases and evidence of active participation in relevant research.
- The Radiographer must have a working knowledge of global quality assurance, clinical audit principles and processes and must exhibit a commitment towards continuous quality improvement.
- The Radiographer have a minimum of 3 years cognate experience.
- The Radiographer should be willing to train other staff in radiology along with other training programs available in the hospital.
- Be able to demonstrate industry knowledge and experience of providing excellent care and service.
- Encouraging to medical team and patients; ability to mentor and lead
- Able to perform CPR or additional emergency procedures if needed
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with a wide variety of patients, medical staff, and caregivers
- Strong computer skills, including Google Office Suite and other medical software.
- Compassionate and sensitive to patients’ needs and concerns.
- The EHA Clinic work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The EHA Clinic operation policy does not deprive employees from their fundamental human right.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, sits; walk; stand; bend; The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop or knee sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from eHealth Systems Africa
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Secretary to the Incident Manager at eHealth Systems Africa
- Ophthalmologist at eHealth Systems Africa
- Dentist at eHealth Systems Africa
- Dietitian at eHealth Systems Africa
- General Physician at eHealth Systems Africa
- Optometrist at eHealth Systems Africa
- Radiologist at eHealth Systems Africa
- Physiotherapist at eHealth Systems Africa
- Know More About eHealth Systems AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Community Mobilization Officer at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Nutrition Officer at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Niger State Program Manager at The Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF)
- Medical Science Liaison at Sanofi
- National Program Officer (MHPSS) at International Organization for Migration - IOM
- WPE Case Management Assistant at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Nephrology Nurse at Adcem Healthcare Limited
- Midwife at Medecins Du Monde