The Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER) is the premier Think Tank of the Federal Government on socio-economic issues. Established in 1960. Located in Ibadan Oyo State, the institutes mandate includes scholarly research, policy analysis, and formulation of policy prescriptions that promote social and economic development in the country.
Towards attaining this mission, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who must be Nigerian nationals to fill the vacant research position below:
Senior Research Fellow
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Computational Sciences
- Health Policy/Public Health
- Operations Research
- Public Policy
- Industrial Organisation & Management
The following are the specific areas of specialisations for which applications may be submitted:
- Economic Modeling
- Infrastructure Finance, Public Finance, Financial Economics
- Trade Finance
- Political Economy of Trade & Development
- Health Economics
- Development Economics
- Energy Economics
- Interested applicants must possess a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in the relevant field from a recognised University with at least Nine (9) years of Research (of which at least three years must be at the Research Fellow I level or its equivalent in a research/academic institution.
- Candidates must show evidence of a minimum of Twelve (12) Scholarly Publications in peer-reviewed internationally rated journal/outlets and an identifiable contribution to knowledge in field of specialization.
- The applicant must demonstrate clear potentials for academic leadership in research.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and detailed CV stating:
- Marital Status,
- State, L.G.A.,
- Academic Qualifications,
- Experience in Research,
- Publications (if any) and enclose two photocopies copies of relevant credentials.
- They should also indicate names of three referees and their addresses.
All applications should reach the:
Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER),
P.M.B. 5, U.I P.O.Box,
Ibadan, Oyo State.
- Applicants should request their referees to send reports on them under confidential cover direct to the "Director Administration" from whom further details may be obtained.
- NISER is an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace and is federal character compliant. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability or other factors protected by-law.
- Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.