The Polytechnic, Ibadan was established in the year 1971 to produce man-power particularly in the field of technology who would not only be technically knowledgeable, but also capable of a degree of supervisory management in Commerce, Industry and Business, The institution is one of the foremost pioneer Technological Institutions in the country and is currently ranked by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) as the best State Polytechnic and the fourth best among Federal, State and Private Polytechnics in Nigeria.
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the institution and shall be responsible to the Rector for the day to day administration of the Institution.
- The Registrar who is in charge of the Registry Department shall function as the Secretary to the Governing Council, Academic Board and Statutory Committees, the Registrar shall be responsible for keeping all records in the Institution and shall also perform other duties as maybe assigned by the Rector.
The candidate for the post must have:
- Possess a good honours degree in any relevant field from a recognized Institution, and a Postgraduate degree at Masters level plus at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience;
- Be a registered and active member of the Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered) or the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria, or any recognised Professional Institution
- Have been a Deputy Registrar for at least three (3) years;
- Be prolific in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Conditions of Service
- All appointments will be for a term of five years and not renewabla Salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for each position by Government and as may be approved by the Institution’s Governing Council from time to time.
- Candidates must not be more than 60 years of age at the time of assumption of duty in February 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 25 copies of their Applications with detailed CV in the following order:
- Full Name
- Marital Status
- Number and age of Children
- Date and Placed Birth
- Current Postal/E-mail Address/Phone Number
- Permanent Home address
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications and Distinctions Obtained with Dates
- Membership of professional Associations/Bodies
- Working Experience (In chronological sequence)
- Present Employment - Status and Salary
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Major Technological Innovations/inventions or Projects Completed
- Names and Addresses of three Professional, Academic and Character Referees
- Date Available to resume duty If appointed
All applications and Referees Reports should be submitted under confidential cover (Position sought after must be indicated at the top left hand corner of the envelope) and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to the Governing Council,
The Polytechnic, Ibadan,
P.M.B 22, U.I Post Office,
Ibadan - Oyo State
Soft copies of the application and accompanying documents including Referee's reports should be mailed in PDF format to: email@example.com the subject line should read "Application for the post of Rector"
In addition to relevant documents, every candidate is to submit his/her vision/mission statement to include the following among others:
- Repositioning the institution for national and global competitiveness in addition to her relevance for community, state and national development.
- Each Referee must forward a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic, professional and administrative or managerial competences in a properly sealed envelope.