MRM Manager at Adam Smith International
Posted on: 11 December, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Adam Smith International
Adam Smith International is an award-winning global company that delivers impact, value and lasting change through economic growth and government reform. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional offices are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
Tracking Code: 1111-112
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
- The Monitoring and Result Measurement (MRM) Manager will oversee and maintain an effective MRM system that draws on international best practice and in due course becomes compliant with the DCED Standard for Results Measurement
- The MRM Manager has responsibility for ensuring that M&E activities are well planned, resourced and carried out so that relevant and useful information is generated on intervention performance
- The MRM system will be required to effectively prove the project’s impact, as well as generating the right information to continually improve the way the project operates
- Assist intervention managers with research design and analysis and ensuring proper use of research tools and methods.
- Ensure the MRM system is operational in all programme states – take action to ensure it is running properly.
- Establish and maintain the programme’s knowledge management system.
- Ensure that the team is kept up-to-date on the knowledge management system.
- Review the current workflows and processes of data capturing and analysing, propose improvements and ensure full tracking systems are in place, including direct and indirect impact and impact beyond the logframe
- Develop (and improve on) baselines and survey designs: the data from which will be used for making decisions on closure, parking, continuation and scale up of interventions.
- Undertake validation of data arising from the implementation of the Measurement Plans to verify that the results conform to “best practice”.
- Track an internal assessment of risk for each project/intervention.
- Carry out evaluations, impact assessments, and develop case studies as the need arises, on both successful and unsuccessful interventions that document and analyse what happened, what was achieved and what lessons can be drawn from this experience.
- Assess current MRM systems and make recommendations for improvements, as required.
- Ensure that effective quality control mechanisms are in place to assure the quality of work carried out by the MRM team.
- Lead on any other tasks that may be assigned to the MRM team
- In discussion with team leader and project managers, provide flexible project assistance where needed for successful project delivery, especially during times of milestone delivery.
- 10+ years of MRM/M&E experience on development programmes; experience on skills/employment programmes would be a particular advantage;
- Experience working in Northern Nigeria;
- Extensive experience designing and maintaining M&E systems;
- Experience developing baselines and surveys;
- Previous experience working on DFID programmes would be an advantage.
- Results-driven, with strong attention to detail;
- Strong analytical, critical capabilities
- Methodical, organized and attention to detail qualities
- Strong people management skills and emotional intelligence;
- Female candidates and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Adam Smith International career website on adamsmithinternational-openhire.silkroad.com to apply
- Know More About Adam Smith InternationalSimilar Jobs
- M&E Intern at Mercy Corps
- Humanitarian Programme Advisor at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Director of Programmes (DOP) – OVC Programme at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) - OVC Programme at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Key Population Specialist/Capacity Building Advisor at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Chief of Party - OVC Programme at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Consultant, SMART Survey at fhi 360