WorleyParsons has had a presence in Africa since the 1970's when Parsons E&C established their offices in Cairo, Egypt. Since that time the company has continued to spread across the continent and in 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited. Over the past five years, WorleyParsons has executed more than 100 projects in over 15 countries. In 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd. Worley Parsons has the skills and technologies to address all challenges, from small brownfield services contracts to mega greenfield projects. Our service capability covers the entire asset lifecycle: from identifying the opportunity to the operating phase.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Ref No: LAG004G
Employment Type: Contractor
Reporting Manager Title: Engineering Manager
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
Understand all the jobs of Level 2 and be able to do the following additional functions/jobs:
- Know flow line FEED and detail engineering issues and processes.
- Be able to select and provide input to piping for good piping route and develop piping and support layouts for a typical modification or greenfield works.
- Be able to carry out piping studies with the ability to develop good technical report and calculations to support the study, including drawings (detailed G.As and Isometrics), where necessary..
- Be able to carry out some complex calculations with ability to use at least two (2) design/calculation software; such as CODEWARE, CODECALC, AGA software, etc..
- Independently carry out site survey and generate good reports, including recommendations for improved design using best industry practice.
- Assist superior to develop design specifications for mechanical equipment, (such as Pumps, Compressors, Vessels, Filter Separators, Mixers, Skid mounted equipment, etc.) by using client's Standard/Master Specifications, Industry Codes and Best Practices
- Conversant with the use of design Codes and Standards API, ASME, ANSI and NFPA Codes and Standards.
- Introduced to inter-discipline Squad check of design deliverables and managing discipline interfaces, including familiarity with the other disciplines deliverables.ls.
- Assist superior to prepare CTR (man-hour) estimates for proposals.
- Must start developing special skills / Knowledge based areas in at least two (2) specific aspects oil and gas mechanical or piping design & engineering. (e.g. stress analysis, fixed mechanical equipment design and specification, rotating equipment; piping modeling & layout; etc.).
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Proficient experience in the Offshore/Onshore orientated Oil and Gas environment.
- Be able to carry out some complex calculations with ability to use at least two (2) design/calculation softwares
- Be able to select good piping route and develop piping and support layouts for a typical modification or greenfield works
- Sound knowledge of Piping drawing and office produced deliverables
- Expert knowledge of Equipment design, specification and procurement activities Application of knowledge to add value, Understanding and implementation of engineering and design process,
- Analysis, simulation, programming and design calculations, , Designs for constructability, commissioning, operations and maintenance, etc
Industry Specific Experience:
- 8-10 years of related working experience.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineer registration with active membership in a professional society is required.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.