WorleyParsons has had a presence in Africa since the 1970's when Parsons E&C established their offices in Cairo, Egypt. Since that time the company has continued to spread across the continent and in 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited. Over the past five years, WorleyParsons has executed more than 100 projects in over 15 countries. In 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd. Worley Parsons has the skills and technologies to address all challenges, from small brownfield services contracts to mega greenfield projects. Our service capability covers the entire asset lifecycle: from identifying the opportunity to the operating phase.
Senior Structural Engineer
Ref Id: LAG004E
Employment Type: Contractor
Job Level: Experienced
Reporting Manager Title: Engineering Manager
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
- Supervision of structural engineers.
- Technical competence of structural personnel
- Forecast requirement for structural engineering resources, and allocate those resources
- Structural design integrity of work scope and maintenance of standards.
- Identify structural software necessary to enable structural group to function effectively
- Interdisciplinary communication development
- Structural group communication development
- Manage structural discipline man hour estimates to perform project tasks.
- Check compliance with Alliance QA/safety/environment goals
- Manage structural engineering design and any design changes within budget and schedule.
- Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives
- Promote career development within the group.
- Technical supervision of project designated structural designers and draftsmen in the execution of their duties
- Review weekly structural progress and expenditure reports on a project specific basis.
- Benchmark structural design/drafting to identify areas of improvements
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- A Bachelor of Engineering (Civil/Structural)
Industry Specific Experience:
- 8 years experience, 5 of which has been in conceptual studies, FEED and detailed design of substructure, deck and bridges.
- 5 years Oil and Gas Industry experience.
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Applicants require experience in working in a structural engineering team within a large multi discipline project team.
- The role mandates previous experience in minimum facility platform design and including the substructure, topsides and bridges.
- A comprehensive understanding of structural analysis using SACS for substructure and topsides in-place strength, seismic & fatigue, load-out, transportation, flotation, upending and lifting analyses as a minimum is required.
- Expert knowledge of Analysis, simulation, programming and design calculations,
- Application of knowledge to add value, Understanding and implementation of engineering and design process, Equipment design, specification and procurement activities, Designs for constructability, commissioning, operations and maintenance
- Ability to develop engineering sketches & details for drafting and to carry out engineering checks of drawings, MTOs, specifications and engineering requisitions is essential.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.