Gender Specialist at Deloitte
Posted on: 4 December, 2018
Deadline: 14 December, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Deloitte
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
Direct Report: PMO/Results Management Lead
Business Unit: General
- Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Nigeria’s power sector. Key objectives of the reform programme include addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access. Ideally, the project will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time.
- The Gender Advisor is responsible for identifying and prioritizing the business case for social and gender inclusiveness and its link to sustainable development of the energy sector.
- That is, the Gender Advisor should ultimately focus on finding ways for the project to do the following in Nigeria; increase access by women to modern electricity services to enhance their social and economic opportunities, increase female employment opportunities at utilities and government agencies, increasing the number of women in leadership positions within the energy sector, and training more women in technical fields
- Conduct an initial Gender Gap Analysis of the Nigerian energy sector;
- Assess the impact of high cost-intermittent electricity on women’s domestic work and home-based businesses and examine potential barriers to women paying the required connection fees, purchasing household appliances, and/or paying for electricity bills;
- Design gender activities to meet specific objectives that are identified in the Gap Analysis, then develop a gender and inclusion action plan that complements the overall work plan and incorporates specific gender activities within each of the program outcome areas;
- Consistently look for ways to integrate gender initiatives into project activities to achieve the above-stated objectives;
- Work with the Monitor & Evaluate (M&E) Advisor to monitor progress towards gender indicators over time, considering donor specifications;
- Monitor the technical implementation conducted by project´s partners; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- All applicants are expected to have either a minimum of an MS/MA/MBA with at least 6 years of relevant experience; a BS/BA degree with at least 7 years of relevant experience or a degree less than a BS/BA with at least 8 years of experience.
- Proven leadership, inter-personal and cross-cultural skills, and ability to build and motivate diverse teams
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent coordination skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Ability to respond on short notice and plan and execute several activities at once
- Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet deadlines consistently.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities:
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership - Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others.
- At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications to: email@example.com
Interested and qualified? Go to Deloitte career website on jobs2.deloitte.com to apply
- Know More About DeloitteSimilar Jobs
- Export Markets Quality Executive at GlaxoSmithKline
- Pharmacy Services Officer at Health Plus Limited
- Pharmacy Technician at St Kizito Clinic
- Intern Pharmacist (Allen Avenue) at Health Plus Limited
- Pharmacy Technician at Hesspharm Limited
- Mission Pharmacy Manager at Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Senior Production Pharmacist (Tablet Section) at Afrab Chem
- Pharmacist at Health Plus Limited