The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Finance Technical Assistant (Adamawa)
Ref. nr.: 3989060159
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Project number: NGFX0000 (Shared Cost)
Reports to: Field Office Coordinator
Duration and type of contract: 1 Year
Role and Responsibilities
- The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
Generic Responsibilities (Max 10)
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Take day to day responsibility of managing petty cash and cash box.
- Take day to day responsibility of managing cheque payments.
- Maintain up to date records, project accounts on the system to ensure that timely, accurate and appropriate information is available and reported.
- Preparation of payment vouchers for cash and cheques and ensure timely settlement of all undisputed invoices.
- Assist the finance officer to perform cash and bank reconciliation.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and periodic cash count is done
- Assist Finance officer in tracking advance and ensure that clearance of advance is done on time.
- Ensure that all support documents are complete and accurate before the financial transaction is done.
- Responsible for keeping update list of NRC Bank accounts signatories and authorization table in the field office (Where applicable)
- Be the focal person between Area Office and Field office in regard to funds transfer requests and other payments through bank and cash.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Supporting Documents & Bid Openings - Logistics & Procurement Staff
- Remittance of Statutory Deductions - Tax authorities
- Year end Audit - Auditors
- Payment and Enquires - Vendors
Scale and Scope of Position:
- Stakeholders - Vendors, banks
- Budgets - TBD
- Information - Intranet, Agresso, finance handbook, Donor/NRC policies and procedures
- Legal or compliance - Anti-corruption policy, NRC code of conduct, Terms of Employment
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance:
Generic Professional Competencies
- Experience from working as a Support Function Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
Context/ Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good in oral and written English
- Good knowledge of the North – Eastern Nigeria context
- Minimum of University degree in Finance, Economics and any other related course.
Behavioral Competencies (Max 6):
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- High level of honesty, integrity and transparency.
- Ability to interact with National and International staff.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to meet deadline.
- Communicating with impact and respect
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Click here fore more on the Position Description (Ms Word)
Application Procedures and CV Registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.