Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world.
Knowledge Management Advisor
Reports to: Deputy PDQ Director
Job Type: Full-time
- The Knowledge Management Advisor is responsible for developing processes, strategies and content for the dissemination of tools, results and lessons learned to a wide variety of audiences.
- The Knowledge Management Advisor will be contributing to the further strengthening of a coherent and integrated knowledge management and knowledge sharing service structure, driven by users’ needs, where the best of SCI’s collective knowledge, lessons learned and results achieved is made available when and where needed, increasingly in forms openly accessible to clients and the public at large.
- He/ she contributes to the knowledge networking technologies and platforms are increasingly integrated, easy-to-access and use, and optimally designed and deployed to deliver demonstrable business value.
Key Areas Of Accountability
- Lead availability of collective knowledge, lessons learned and results when and where needed;
- Integrate knowledge networking technologies and platforms and make them easy-to-access and use;
- Ensure SCI’s recognized leadership in knowledge networking is leveraged and expanded staff and networks of partners and stakeholders can access, use and add to this knowledge;
- Facilitate knowledge sharing becomes actionable through the utilization of KM tools, models and approaches that all staff are trained to use in their interventions;
- Ensure results are translated into searchable lessons learned and added to SCI collective knowledge, allowing for iteration and continuous improvement of SCI development and humanitarian interventions;
- Provide coherent and consistent pillar-wide technical guidance in Knowledge Management and Strategic Communications, through appropriate and high-quality processes, frameworks and manuals;
- Collaborate with the Research Advisor and advocacy team to support programme wide learning, adaptation and strategic communications;
- Develop and maintain a KM strategy and manual focused on KM processes, delivery standards, KM technologies, techniques and tools;
- Support programme teams with the development of project-specific Knowledge Management plans and ensure these are integrated with the country-wide strategy;
- Maintain quality assurance standards for all programme products (including reports, booklets, manuals, leaflets, posters, banners, documentation, website and social media newsletters) and support quality assurance and dissemination of programme products;
- Other duties as specified by the line manager and other assigned authorities.
Skills And Behaviours (Our Values In Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values;
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same;
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others;
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters;
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength;
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions;
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Skills & Experience
- Master's degree, or its international equivalent or higher in Communications, Media, English, Social Sciences, Organisational Learning, International Development, or similar;
- At least seven years of professional experience in managing and implementing knowledge management and/or communications on a donor-funded programme;
- High level of skills and competencies, communicating development results to a wide range of stakeholders and audience;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office packages, Adobe Creative Suite, and other relevant packages;
- Excellent report writing and inter-personal skills;
- Experience in working with key stakeholders and partners;
- Works well with teams;
- Conscious of child protection issues;
- Non-discriminatory and gender sensitive;
- Willingness to work in remote, rural locations.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.