Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst at Nielsen Company
Posted on: 29 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Nielsen Company
Nielsen Company is a global leader in measurement and information and we believe in providing our clients with a precise understanding of the consumer. We give insights into what consumers buy and watch to a multitude of our clients including Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Google, Diageo, Coca Cola and others.
Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
Ref Id: 30394
Primary Location: Lagos
Job Type: Regular
Level: Senior Executive Level
Secondary Location: Kenya
Coverage: East, West & Maghreb Africa
Reporting to: FP& A Lead, Africa & Middle East
Hiring Manager Name: Deepshikha Sonpar
- This role requires a commercially focused and detailed oriented individual with a strong analytical mind and ability to identify and strengthen areas of business risks and capitalise on opportunities.
- He/She should help in forecasting the right numbers and help achieve those.
- Key member of Group FP&A team, driving management reporting and providing insights into the financials of the business
- Support FP&A leader in all areas
- Assist in driving the company profitability and growth by analyzing revenues and costs as well as new initiatives
- Drive improvements in reporting and forecasting process to achieve operational excellence
- Preparation and financial planning as part of budget and forecast
- Performing management reporting and analysis as needed by Global Markets Group / management team
- Part of defining and follow up of KPIs to reach agreed targets
- Work closely with FP&A, FBP and Client service leadership and commercial teams
- Link in with Consolidation teams on closing schedule, accounting services, and consolidated accounts, with focus on numbers making sense
- Work with Group Controller on compliance and governance
- Partner with Operational Controller and team (closing cut-off dates, journals, supporting documentation )
- Internal & External Audits
- Degree in Accounting/Finance and MBA is preferable
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Finance, Research industry or FMCG, Marketing industry with a matrix organisation structure
- Experience (preferred or required technical, functional and/or leadership experience)
- Ability to organise multiple responsibilities and deliver results in an accurate and timely manner while adapting to changes in priorities.
- Ability to influence and strategically partner with individuals of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the organization
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to gather analyse and present data.
- A desire to add value and providing a valuable contribution to the wider business.
- Ability to business partner and communicate with non-finance stakeholders effectively and articulately.
- A proven track record of building relationships at all levels within the organisation
- Operations and commercial literacy.
- Detail and process oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and follow up skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nielsen Company career website on jobs.nielsen.com to apply
- Know More About Nielsen CompanySimilar Jobs
- Lead Grants Manager at Chemonics International
- Internal Auditor at The Place
- Head Business and Financial Advisory at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Audit, Tax and Revenue Technician at Pure Access IT Limited
- Chief Finance Officer at Alan & Grant
- Head of Accounts at Alan & Grant
- Financial Analyst at Agusto & Co.
- Accountant at Introit Consulting Limited